Folksy Ltd

How many products do you have for sale?

(Tanya ) #1

Hi all, I have 40 products available for sale in my shop and wonder whether that’s a good amount to have. How many is too many or too less? What are your thoughts?

I also invite you to share some of your products here too. Here is one of my Forget-me-not flower pendants.

Many thanks
Tanya

(Samantha Stanley) #2

Hi Tanya!

28 and counting!

I’m hoping it’s a case of the more the merrier, as I have no intention of stopping making.

Love Sam :fish:

(Tanya ) #3

Very nice earrings Sam! Great philosophy too. :smile:

(Eileens Craft Studio) #4

I have 215 available at the present time
Hats

Scrape Journals/Notebooks

crochet and crafting equipment

Knitting pattern

(Sasha Garrett) #5

I’ve worked out my stock levels for what would be appropriate for craft markets that I do and then figured if I’ve got it made up it might as well be listed on Folksy so I’ve ended up with over 300 listings - I don’t know whether anyone browsing through my shop ever makes it to the last page! As to what is a good number of items to have… At the last craft stall I had I sold 28 items so your 40 might not be enough indeed for some of the christmas ones I’ve sold over 40 items but for an online shop it feels like a good number. Your shop looks cohesive, something that mine lacks but when I have everything on display at craft markets the wide range of skills and styles that it displays gets me a range of custom work. I’m currently making a ring for someone who saw my copper cuffs and rings at a market and wanted something that combined both skills.
I’ve just finished making

Sasha

(Iguana49) #6

Fifteen but hoping to get more in soon. Here are some miniature papercuts I have made (you won’t find these insects in your garden!)

(Sara Leigh Thornton) #7

I average 650, got 637 at the moment as I’ve had a wee flurry of sales this week :slight_smile:

(Samantha Stanley) #8

Thanks, Tanya! x

(Tanya ) #9

Wow, Sara Leigh, 650!? You’re a very busy lady. Well done on your sales flurry too. :smiley:

(Roz) #10

Currently 105. In the process of re taking photos for them all as I don’t think they were displayed at their best - a long job! I used to have a lot more but removed a lot of non felted items that I no longer make and destash at the beginning of the year as I think it gives my shop a more cohesive look having just the felted items. I think it does make a difference how many items you have in your shop as an empty shop doesn’t encourage a buyer to stay and browse although too many and some may never get seen although you can change the order of your shop to bring some to the top - there must be an optimum number but Ive no idea what it is!

edit: 104 - just had a sale! whoop whoop!

(Yvette ) #11

I have 60 hope to add more during the year.

(Sara Leigh Thornton) #12

I’d have more listings if I had time to do the photographs and descriptions, lol! I’m just 5 away from 900 sales now… :smiley:

(Tanya ) #13

That’s fantastic! All the best in reaching 900 sales. I’m gonna tweet one of your products to maybe boost some more customers.

(Kate Turner) #14

I currently have 64 different items in my shop
this is one of my favourites
https://folksy.com/items/6612932-Minky-Owls-Comfort-Blanket

(Charlotte Brimstone) #15

I only have 5 :frowning: but still working on it!! You look like you’re doing really great! Keep at it!

(Kate Turner) #16

It’s not about how many items you have but the quality of what you sell. Your stock will gradually build. so take heart and do not worry.

Kate :slight_smile:

(Oh Button Me) #17

I currently have 61 :blush:

(Leathermeister) #18

Have hovered around the 80 mark for a while but am aiming for 100. I work in leather but am starting to experiment with some new materials.

(Sara Leigh Thornton) #19

Definitely! I only had 20 - 30 items when I first opened in 2012.

The Plus account is a huge boost, though - it means being able to list different variations of items. A lot of my things are low cost/low profit items, like badges and keyrings, but I keep stocking them as they’re popular, and having a Plus account means I can list lots of different variations, which I wouldn’t do if I was having to pay per listing.

(Kim May) #20

I have about 15 things. It’s not many but I had recently sold most of my items on E Bay in the run up to Christmas so I had to remove them all from my shop. I’ve now been working flat out to try and build all my stock up again but it’s hard to find the time with a full time job. Such is life.