New scam alert

Please be aware that there is a new scam going round. The person Danilonkey wants people to send her two of their items so that she can put a review on her blog. There is obviously no need to send items when there are photos available. The blog seems genuine but this person gets freebies for a short write up !
Folksy admin are aware of this.

3 Likes

I just this minute sent an email to admin about this, as I also received a message and didnā€™t want to reply in case it was spam. Now I know it is, Iā€™ll just ignore it. Thanks Brenda! :smile:

1 Like

I have had a couple of emails now from this person :expressionless:

Yes, Iā€™ve just had one from them too - all it said was ā€œI have a question about your shopā€ nothing more so was immediately suspicious. Will ignore and delete.

I got this too, googled her and found her ā€œblogā€, I never responded, someone trying to get something for nothing!!!

Is this the start of the ā€˜Christmas rushā€™ - bloggers sorting out their gifts by requesting freebiesā€¦

6 Likes

Your e-mail ISP should have a facility for you to block specific e-mail addresses (with ā€œ**" in to denote ā€œallā€ - eg. "danilonkey.ā€ would mean all e-mail addresses starting with ā€œdanilonkeyā€).
If you keep getting these e-mails, you could block him/her, so they are sent to Spam, or filtered out by your ISP.

I had the same and started another topic post about it. Have now tagged Folksy Admin on that post, to ask if they might be able to send a warning e-mail to Folksy sellers. Perhaps they will do - that would be useful, I think!

1 Like

Me too, I was hoping someone would mention it here - now I know to ignore it too - thank you everyone! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had them too . Just ignored it

I was obviously feeling a little soft, I get these sort of requests week in, week out but actually contacted her with a thanks but Iā€™m happy with the reviews that come in organically through regular sales. Iā€™ll go back to my default setting of ignore.

I had the message too and I just said politely that I wasnā€™t interested.

I feel sort of bad because I didnā€™t get any email, so maybe scammers donā€™t find my items that attractive?:))))

I just want you all to know that Iā€™ve stayed in touch with Dani since she emailed us all and she seems to be genuine about wanting to help promote our items. I can understand people being suspicious when someone requests a sample item be sent for them to review but sheā€™s also offering to do an online interview so whereā€™s the harm in that? Iā€™ve just completed the interview questions which she says sheā€™ll publish on her blog as soon as possible. If she doesnā€™t then meh, no loss to me. I say, give her a chance and go for it.

Have you checked out her blog

ie how many followers does she have
How well written is it?
How many comments/interaction does she get?
Will her followers be your target market?

And as Iā€™ve said before no true blogger will ask for you to send them an item. They will either ask permission to use your photoā€™s or buy from you then review your item.

Well Iā€™m sorry, may be my age and personal taste but I would not want any of my glass to appear in her blog.
Far too pink, American, dare I say ā€œdumb blondā€ appearance for my taste.
I really cannot imagine how any extra publicity gained by appearing in it could be balanced in any way, shape or form, by the cost of the donation required.
I am very glad I did as I always do, deleted the email.

Amanda - must add, not seen your shop before, You have some lovely things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, thanks Joy. Been selling here for 6 years and was very active on the forum until a couple of years ago.