An Odd Folksy Message from "Customer"

Hi, I wondered if anyone else has had this slightly odd Folksy e-mail from a customer. I can’t tell if this is a genuine query, from a customer who is just not very used to messaging/Folksy/internet, or if it’s some weird attempt at phishing, by getting hold of my e-mail address if I reply.

The message basically says:
“Message from item page: http://folksy.com/items/6683279-Zebra-Notebook-Journal-Handmade-Zoo-themed-book-Teen-gift-Teacher-Gift-
I have a question for you, about your shop!”

That is all…

I’m not sure whether to reply, “Hello, what was it you wanted to ask me?”… or to ignore it…

Yours,

Muddled of Bedfordshire!

ignore and delete, lizzie!
they seem to be doing the rounds at the moment…

1 Like

Yes i had this email yesterday and when i replied to the email, the response again was odd. So i just left it and didnt reply again. The spelling in the email title was also wrong, which again made me think twice.

I have just posted about this. What I can’t understand is why are Folksy letting these messages through the system. It does’nt seem very safe to me.

I had that. I checked the email address., it’s an Etsy shopkeeper from USA. Presumed she was bored ! I deleted it.

@Folksyadmin is it possible to put out a warning e-mail to Folksy sellers, about this scam? Thanks!

2 Likes

Firstly Folksy does not vet our emails they simply forward them to us.

Secondly this is either a scam or if as Joy says this person has an shop over on Etsy she may be not have English and be using an on line translater which to be honest are not that great.

If unsure just hit forward on the email and forward it to folksy admin email address

1 Like