719 visits in 30 days and no sales

Mmmm. What am I doing wrong?

https://folksy.com/shops/VioletFlameGlassArt

2 Likes

It’s not necessarily that you’re doing anything wrong. I’m having a similar problem. I think a lot of people are being a bit more careful with their money this year. I’ve also noticed a spike in views when I share products to the forums, but they don’t ever really translate into sales.

In terms of your shop, you could add some more info to the shop announcement (final Christmas order dates, packaging info, that sort of thing). A bit more info in your item description would be helpful - your stuff is glass, so I want to know how it’s packaged and how sturdy it is!

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks for that

1 Like

If you find the secret to getting sales, please share it with me as mine are not great at the moment! :slight_smile: I just wanted to say that your shop name at the top of you post takes me to the Folksy front page instead of your shop, @Irridescent

1 Like

Many of my sales on Folksy come through Instagram. Follow, like and comment on posts as much as you can. It increases your exposure. Use hashtags that reflect your potential customers. I’ve taken the liberty of adding #giftforbirdlover to your Kingfisher post on Instagram.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll get more active on instagram

Yeah, this is an ongoing problem for me that I don’t know how to rectify. I changed my shop name recently and I think this has caused the problem. If you click on my irridescent name it should go to a link to my shop. I think I need to rejoin the forum under my new name.

I’m selling fine on Etsy. It’s just here. It was the same when I first joined here years ago. I took a break, then came back thinking it might be better. Etsy is advertising on UK TV. I’ve never seen Folksy advertise.

@Irridescent - if you changed your shop name recently, try logging out of the forums (not Folksy but these forums) and then log back in under your new name.

1 Like

Having just had two terrible craft fair results, I totally agree things are very slow at the moment. I think you have to just keep at it posting and liking as much as you can.
I don’t think Folksy have the money to advertise on TV, which is why all shop holders need to advertise Folksy as much as possible to get people to use that rather than Etsy.

1 Like

@Irridescent TV adverts are incredibly expensive, and Etsy are a much much larger company than Folksy so have more money to spend on things like that. I have seen sponsored Folksy posts on Facebook before, which means they spend money on social media adverts, but to keep costs down for us, they have to rely a lot on word of mouth. They’ve created some lovely adverts/animations to promote Folksy, they just need help sharing them.

5 Likes

I totally empthise. I’ve been here a year and not sold anything yet. I try and get involved in the forums as much as possible and regularly advertise my Folksy shop on FB but to no avail it seems.

My products are a bit niche but I sell OK on other platforms like FB and my website so… I don’t know!

3 Likes

I sell quite a bit on Facebook, but I’ve got a soft spot for Folksy. I think it’s a great platform and a great community, and it’s a shame that it’s so slow for sellers.

2 Likes

I have had no sales since August, despite doing private commissions. I have also just updated to the latest instagram version but now can’t post on there. I moved back to Folksy over 12 months ago because I wanted to support a UK company, however if nothing improves I will have to move back to Etsy.

2 Likes

It’s quiet…so many people saying the same thing, my sales have dropped this year especially Christmas sales and across the board not just on Folksy so I think it is that people are being more careful how they spend. Hopefully things will pick up next year for everyone.
I do make sales just not enough for a full time job, I worked out all of my sales from Jan to Nov and it averages one per week but not that many have been on Folksy, my long term customers still like to buy direct from me and local people like to pick up but it has been much quieter than other years by a long way.

1 Like

I’ve had three sales in a few days over on Etsy. I think the problem is not that many people know Folksy exists.

So far as people saying that the sellers on here have to promote Folksy, sure they do. I know I do. But for the general public, they like to see adverts or commercials because they believe that if a company can advertise on TV then they must be worth buying from. I know it’s hugely expensive, but the less sales people get on here the less money Folksy makes.

Folksy is a much smaller site and I agree there are a lot of people who have never heard of Folksy. I’m hoping with all the new sellers that have joined recently and the constant sharing from Folksy shops that the Folksy name will get out there and as a result we will all start benefitting…fingers crossed for next year :blush:

I’ve not had any sales on Folksy yet. Also I noticed that you don’t have anything that is economical at all. At the moment no-one wants to chance spending too much, maybe small window catchers or something for £10 would sell.

Could you try with a tiny little item, priced at pocket-money rates, and see how that goes, just in case it is a lack of money to spend. Also try editing one or two of the titles - no-one ever searches on the word irridescent for an item description. Try adding words like ‘mother’ or ‘sister’ or ‘girlfriend’ in the title.Just a thought.

1 Like