A cautionary tale

“Hi Bob! This is Alan next door. I’m sorry buddy, but I have a confession to make: I have been riddled with guilt these past few months and have been trying to pluck up the courage to tell you to your face, but I am at least now telling in text as I can’t live with myself a moment longer without you knowing. The truth is that I have been sharing your wife, day and night when you were not around, particularly in the mornings after you left for work. I haven’t been getting it at home recently, but that’s no excuse, I know. The temptation was just too much…I can no longer live with the guilt and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies and forgive me. I promise that it won’t happen again. Regards, Alan.”

Bob, feeling anguished and betrayed, immediately went into his bedroom, grabbed his gun, and without a word shot his wife twice, killing her instantly. He returned to the lounge where he poured himself a stiff drink and sat down on the sofa. He grabbed his phone to respond to his neighbour’s text when he saw there was another message:

“Hi Bob! This is Alan next door again. Sorry about the slight typing error in my last text. I expect you noticed my predictive text had changed ‘WiFi’ To ‘Wife’. Technology hey?!? I very much hope you saw the funny side of it. Regards, Alan.”

24 Likes

That made me smile! :smile:

Thanks Brenda! I love dark humour :joy:

Sam x

Hahaha! Yep auto correct can definitely get you into trouble. :wink:

Very funny! :slight_smile:

Made me giggle. Thankyou