Anyone done something really stupid recently?

So in my opinion there is nothing better than a hot, steamy bath by candle light. I’ve just had a new bath installed (I’ve been surviving with just a shower for the last 18 months) and couldn’t wait to use it. I sat here wondering how long I would have to wait for it to get dark so I could get the full benefit of the candle only to realise (sometime later) that my bathroom has no windows so I only needed to shut the door and turn out the light! It was very relaxing in the end :slight_smile: :bath:

14 Likes

oh my I can’t stay in room like that for long no natural life. I’m slightly calastrobic. I find rooms without access to the outside oppressive and give me headaches. It’s one of the reasons I hate shopping in shopping centres.

But yes I do stupid things too all the time. I find my self saying oh you stupid woman or saying oh Eileen what were your thinking? and I find myself doing it out lound lol

4 Likes

I poured milk into the teapot instead of the mug yesterday- it was embarrassing because my OH was there, but also his fault for expecting me to talk at the same time as making tea :slight_smile:
Your new bath sounds fab, Roz!

7 Likes

Try pouring your breakfast fruit juice into your coffee instead of the milk for an extra special drink !!!

6 Likes

I rang the butcher today to ask if I’d left a bag full of chicken pieces in his shop when I went to collect my freezer order. I had him looking all around the shop and asking the other assistants if they had seen it, when I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t ordered any chicken when I ordered the rest of the things - had to ring up to apologise :roll_eyes:x

10 Likes

We have a white store cupboard next to the fridge freezer - I’m often trying to put the butter or fresh milk into the store cupboard. I tried to put the kettle into a wall cupboard after filling it the other day. This morning I was making my sister a cup of coffee - put the coffee into her mug, added a tea bag… it’s me age lol!

7 Likes

After a very stressful day these little stupidities are making me giggle - thanks for sharing and making me feel better :laughing:

4 Likes

I made a cup of green tea with lemon the other day and then poured milk into it!

4 Likes

I posted a letter to the council this week without a stamp, I just had it in my head that it was free post!!
About two minutes after posting it I realised I should have put a stamp on the envelope!!! not sure what will happen now!? I really need them to get it though!! :scream:

2 Likes

oops! (can’t just post that comment - too short lol!)

Cheese in my bag/phone in the fridge. I say no more…

4 Likes

I’ve also put the phone in the fridge and also put my dinner in the oven only to realise half an hour later that I forgot to put the oven on.

I have also gone to work with two different coloured shoes on ( same style but in different colours)

Sure there are lots more!

5 Likes

I just came out to a market leaving one box of suncatchers in the garage. At home. Oops now that Was stupid.

3 Likes

Many years ago I worked in a large typing pool and didn’t realise till halfway through the morning that I had my jumper on inside out.

6 Likes

Last Christmas i put half a wax melt in the burner could not find where i had put the other half, i found it about 5 months later in the bottom of the freezer

9 Likes

I just said to my boyfriend that we would have to go back to the coffee shop as I’ve left my glasses there.

He replied. Roxy, you are wearing them!

7 Likes

I often have to check the top of my head for mine. You are not alone :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was doing my nut earlier at my desk looking for my ruler which I had just been using. It was in my lap.

4 Likes

Just been out in Storm Brian searching my boot for a missing box of stock, came back in and it was on the back of the arm chair next to the box I was packing ready for the morning, d’oh!

1 Like

These comments are so funny and it makes me feel relieved that I am not alone. I once put savory breadcrumbs in my homemade Christmas puddings which contained amongst other things garlic powder and onion powder, instead of normal breadcrumbs. Funnily enough no one noticed!

6 Likes