Am I missing something

…or does posting on the forums require a degree in rocket science these days…?

I’m having to scroll and scroll, just to get to the end of a thread so I can post. I can’t see any obvious link to click that would take me there without the need to scroll.

And when I add a photo (using ‘copy image location’), clicking on the posted photo doesn’t take me to the listing in my shop. It just takes me to a page containing nothing but the photo.

Help!!

Hi Annie

On a long thread, there is a scroll bar on the right - use the slider or click on the date/time at the bottom to move there…

To add a link to your shop, cut and paste (or type in) the actual link to the item (eg https://folksy.com/items/5538141-Winter-Beech-Tree-Fine-Art-Print but make sure there is a new line before and after it.

like this

helen

1 Like

Thanks. Helen, but when I copy and paste the URL into the forums, the picture is teeny. I want to post larger pictures, as others are doing, and that used to be done by right-clicking on the photo, hitting ‘copy image location’, and pasting that into the forum post. But that’s not working for me, sadly.

Can anyone else help out with this problem, please?

OK…put theURL in the reply box and it will put the link with the small picture in the box on the right…but don’t put a space…move the cursor to the bar at the top where there is a bar with an arrow on top of it (two along from the " marks…)… click on that and you get a box saying choose files…
click on that and it will take you to your pics on your device…find the SAME photo and click on it and then upload…it will then change the small picture to a big one.
Hope that is clear…difficult to explain…lol

I haven’t got anything to add to the answers, but just wanted to say Hello @BaggieAggie1, it’s lovely to see you! :wave::wave::wave:

Hellooooo I don’t think theres a way to get a clickable (to item in shop) large pic so I generally do both

The teeny tiny thumbnail (clickable to shop)

and a large pic by (right click copy image) and paste

If anyone knows any different, please share

P.S… Happy Monday everyone x

1 Like

Just trying something…

Ok that just takes me to my shop and not this actual item x

This should take me to the item in my shop…

EDITED to say… Yay… it worked, I’ll write out how I done it

1 Like

If you do it the way I mentioned above…the url is still above the large picture, so people can click on that to go to the actual item. I just listed something and put it on the daily listing thread…clicked on the url and it went straight to the item x
https://folksy.com/items/7115627-crochet-baby-coat-ref-F342-

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone. I’ll try it out shortly - apologies if I mess up any threads in the process, lol!

My next question is, how do I change my posting name from BaggieAggie1 (which I assume Folksy assigned to me) to my actual name? And how do I change the green B icon to match my shop icon…?

If you click on your profile… top right next to the search symbol and go to preferences it should give you the option to change your profile pic :slight_smile: