Help! I'm being a Dummy!

When the forums first changed, I learnt how to put a photo on the forum, but when it changed again, I never learnt how to put a link with photo to the product in my shop instead. Everyone else seems to know how to do it so I’m a bit embarrassed! Can anyone help, please?

Just right click on the address bar of your link and copy and paste to the forum, does that make sense??

1 Like

Ooh, yes! That works! I thought it was much more complicated! Thanks so much, @MidnightStarDesigns!

1 Like

@coatimundi It used to be more complicated!

1 Like

If you want a bigger image without the text that is still a clickable link , you select the 7th icon along the toolbar the line with the arrow , select “from the web” , left click your listings photo to copy the “image url” - put that in the first box. then click the “select more” option and put the url in your address bar in that box - then upload.

4 Likes

That’s what I used to do, Deborah! The reason I decided to change is that when I googled “10th Anniversary pewter gift” a couple of my things came up through people posting the photo with shop description on the Forums! I’ll try anything…(and it IS easier) :slight_smile:

Don’t be embarrassed, I can’t do it either. I still can’t do it, I get the 7th icon and the upload file box but when I try to upload a photo it comes up with a string of gobbledegook like this.

HELP

1 Like

Success when I posted the gobbledegook went and the photo appeared. I hope you like my fox it’s my latest and not yet listed.

2 Likes

Your fox is lovely !When you list him- if you want your picture to be a link to your listing, you need to do the second bit before uploading, click the show more button and another box will appear where you add the item address url, then upload.

1 Like

Hi Deborah,
Thanks so much for your help I was trying to do the show more button you suggested but I couldn’t see it. I don’t understand what you mean by the “second bit” I got the parrot uploaded no problem then got stuck. If you have time could you explain. The trouble is I don’t know what all the icons mean.
Many thanks in advance.

Ok I will try ,have two screens open one of the forum post and one of your listing. on the forum post reply box you click on that 7th icon “tray with arrow” select “from the web” add the image url (right click on the photo, copy and paste image url) in the box . in the bottom right hand corner the words “show more” will appear , click that and a second box will appear -where you copy and paste the listing url from your address bar , then upload.

Hope that makes sense.x

Hi Deborah,
Thank you so much, I think my problem is I am working from an iPad so can’t open 2 screens. I’ve been trying to find a way of copying the URL of the listing before I go to the 7th icon and select “from the web” but it may not even be possible. Many thanks once again for your help.
Janice x