Any tips on building your email lists

Hi fellow folksies. I just wondered if you could bounce some ideas about increasing your email listings so you can send regular newsletters, special offers etc to interested customers (within the gdpr guidelines). I have set up a landing page with mailchimp but can only really link it to social media. Do you have any recommendations? What works for you in building your community and keeping in touch with customers without of course spamming them. Thanks in advance.

Fairly certain this would fit with GDPR rules - when you send out an order acknowledgement email with details of how and when it is going to be shipped you could include a link to the newsletter sign up page. I normally get my sign ups by having my sign up sheet on my stall rather than via social media as those people already know what I’m up to.
This blog post might help

2 Likes

I’m sorry I can’t be of much help, I set up a mailing list a couple of months ago and have 2 subscribers! I’ve mentioned it in social media and add it to the end of thanks for your order messages, but not sure what else to do. I’d be interested in anyone elses ideas.

1 Like

Thanks Sasha @SashaGarrett and Amy @TheCraftingGardener for your replies. I have bookmarked that blog post Sasha and will have a good read of it. Yes I like the idea of including a link to the newsletter signup page with the shipping email - will start building that in.

I think face to face is always an effective way of getting signups with a sheet. I lost so many of my old signups through the new gdpr.

Where do you link your mailing list Amy - is it on fb or a website?

I would like to research more info on the gdpr guidelines for running a competition or incentives to help gain subscribers- I think it has to be open to everyone not just subscribers. Anyone have info on this?

Have a read of this

Signing up cannot be a condition of entry into the competition and the entrant has to actively tick the box saying sign me up to the newsletter. The article gives examples of what breaks GDPR and how.

2 Likes

thank you so much Sasha @SashaGarrett. You are such a wonderful fountain of knowledge. :star_struck:

1 Like

I’ve pinned a link to my twitter page and have posted it to my FB page that’s about all. I must try harder! Thanks @SashaGarrett I will go and give it a read.

1 Like