Anyone ever regretted starting a project?!

Has anyone else ever regretted starting a project? I started laying out this scarf this afternoon and now I’ve started I have to finish it as I use my kitchen counter as my work table and I can’t cook dinner until it is done! Oh well I suppose we could starve tonight - better get on and get it felted before enthusiasm runs out completely.

3 Likes

Yes, often! Your scarf looks like it’ll be lovely when it’s finished. Hope your perseverance pays off xx

1 Like

There is this wonderful invention called ‘the take away’ so no need for anyone to go hungry or for you to rush the scarf (some of them even deliver so no need to go outside). Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

4 Likes

LOL I’m sure it will be gorgeous when it’s finished!

I started an entirely hand sewn, double quilt in a tumbling blocks pattern - cut to 15 years later when I finally finished it! (Not working non-stop, I should add!). I would certainly think twice before doing another one ;o)

1 Like

:smiley: Roz you didn’t time it well did you, or did you ? :smile: :wink:
Loving the colurs

1 Like

Yes, my usually things like deciding to decorate the lounge, or having a mass clear out because I do the first two rooms and then know I have to carry on with rest of the house till its finished or the other rooms won’t get done…ever !!!

1 Like

The scarf looks lovely already. Well looks like you have to finish it before you cook.

1 Like

Yay - got my cooker back! Scarf now drying :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

In January 2015 I started a group portrait. It is a collection of faces I got from junk mail, sewn onto a double blanket. Anyway, I am still plodding on. I have reached face 681, and as you can see I still have lots of space to fill. Seemed like a good idea at the time…

Not sure how to attach a photo? Hope it works!

Feeling your pain xx