Anyone making anything for themselves/home this Xmas

Every year I make a Christmas wreath/decoration for the front door. Sometimes it has been as simple as a bunch of foliage from the garden tied with nice ribbon.

But this year I decided to make a wreath from my fabric scraps

What are Christmas decorating projects are you doing this year ?

13 Likes

Being a fabric addict, I love your wreath. I made a wreath also recently and listed it but with the thought that if it didnt sell I’d use it!

7 Likes

very nice!

I have an origami christmas tree and have promised myself that at somepoint I will fold some decorations - at the current rate of progress that will be on christmas day after dinner.

3 Likes

Didn’t know where to put it an fits the newel perfectly. Lol!

6 Likes

I made some baubles, at first for us, then friends came round and bang 4 sets ordered, so i put some on my FB page and sold more there and at fayres, Payed for table space at events by organisers wanting them instead of money for stall :smile: listed some very last minute here too.

5 Likes

Very pretty.

Thanks, all done in far too much of a rush to properly sell online this year, first year being creative let alone selling but they will be back in store early next winter, with lots of good pictures and variations…(he say’s like he ever has enough time to list items well lol)

I finished crocheting this Christmas tree skirt for my small tree in January I think it was and I made these little Christmas decorations for the same little tree

6 Likes

Back with something I have just made for me this time!

12 Likes

I made these decorations to list them in my shop and ended up keeping them for me! I listed them as Made to Order so I can make them for others too.

5 Likes

I keep saying I’ll make some Christmas bunting and some of my minature Christmas stockings for home but I never get round to it. There’s still some in my shop so if they don’t sell, perhaps I’ll nab some for myself!

1 Like

Quite a variety of things!

Helen I know what you mean I even bought some lovely yarn to make myself a nice sparkly cardi for Christmas I guess it will have to be for next year now.

3 Likes

I am making myself some willow decorations from a kit bought from another Folksy seller

2 Likes

These large textile baubles look wonderful on my tree, I have made three for me so far :grin: its a new idea, I’m not ready to roll them out this year

7 Likes

Sue, they look stunning, best get a crack on for next year as I can’t imagine them being left in your shop for long! Next years best seller if you ask me!
Suzzie x

1 Like

I love seeing your Christmas things on here.

I can’t make anything yet, as I’m still finishing commissions, but I have promised myself I will make myself a tea strainer next year, (metalsmiths run on tea - and I love the loose leaf Earl Grey variety from Bari Tea). Mind you I will have to do my tax paperwork first :frowning:

1 Like

I made an elf! My first ever toy!

3 Likes

Once I’ve completed all my friends’ requests for Christmas tree decorations, I’m going to make myself something! I recently bought some gorgeous cream and burgundy floral fabric from a Sewing for Pleasure Exhibition, and I’m going to make myself a dress. When I’ve made it, I’ll post a photo :smile:

1 Like