Are real fur skins allowed to be sold on folksy?

Has all leather always been produced ethically? If Folksy said this was not OK, would they have to ban leather? Or is it just that bunnies are cuter than cows?

3 Likes

I don’t wear leather or fur for a reason I don’t know how the animal was cared for or killed.

The more people buy it the more it incentive for the abuse of animals just read up about what is being passed as fake fur/faux fur and how it’s really ended up in our shops.

5 Likes

Hi, sorry to have caused a bit of a row. I just wondered if they were allowed to sell it on here as it wasn’t handmade. I don’t want to cause problems for the shop owner and understand that he is allowed to sell it as a supply on here.

Not really a row Claire @kernowclaire - just a healthy discussion. I love to see these topics on the forum - it often brings up points of view you hadn’t considered. Keep them coming :smile:

3 Likes

I don’t thinks it’s a row, Claire, just an exchange of opinions! Personally, I enjoy a thread that’s a bit controversial :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its not just about how they animals were killed it is also about how they were kept beforehand. They are not going to spend a lot of money on nice spacious cages or transport them in a nice big lorry just be killed. I can’t stand to think of any animal suffering these conditions regardless of whether they are a fluffy bunny or a frog!

What really grinds my gears is that it is all at the whim of fashion. When fur went out of fashion we had huge billboards of super models with no clothes on saying they would rather go naked than wear fur. Now they’re all wearing it again. They can market it how they like but it can only lead to animals suffering. I agree with @EileensCraftStudio on that one.

5 Likes

I totally agree.

1 Like

We must have posted at exactly the same time, Roz, and said almost the same thing!

1 Like