The Forums

I joined Folksy last week, having been selling platform “E…y” based overseas.I have spent a lot of time during this week reading and joining in on your (our) forum and just had to say, you are so much friendlier and more positive than my previous experience. Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

24 Likes

Hi, Lovely shop :slight_smile: I love the idea of snoods for dogs!

1 Like

Well,you are welcome,on both counts.

1 Like

Lovely shop, such gorgeous items. Hoping you do well
Lynn x

1 Like

I’m trying to work out if you have some very well trained dogs or a very good model dog. And welcome to the forums/ folksy.

1 Like

Lovely shop. I love your knitting.
Maureen x

1 Like

Ah @SashaGarrett , that would be 50/50 :wink:

Your bootees are fabulous @TheWoolFairy , you have a lot of patience making such little things :blush:

I couldn’t agree more about the friendliness of the Folksy Folk - have been following your items on the daily listing thread - love them all but think that slouchy beanie hat has to be my fav :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @OrchardFelts, Your items are lovely, I think you should be charging more, especially for your Meadow box xx

1 Like

I agree that it is allot friendlier hear.

Feels like everyone wants to help each other.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi There!
I am also a Newbie of a Month, & Moved Lock stock & Barrel from The Auction site too.
I feel much more at home here,but worry re Sales as nothing has moved yet out of my shop.
Do you think I lack patience? Anyway glad to here from another Newbie.
Hope we get on well here the both of us.
HazyDaisy

2 Likes

I think patience and promoting your store constantly are the key :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @hazydaisy , I have to admit I had the most fabulous start and was extremely lucky and sold one of my hats on my first day here. We did a happy dance. I have been changing all my links on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, but it all takes time, and I am letting my other account run it’s course without renewing anything. It really does feel nicer here and doesn’t seem to have so many problems. I wish you luck with your shop, you have some lovely things.

1 Like

You have some lovely products in your shop and some of the doggie things would be ideal for an older dog that perhaps feels the cold in its bones more,or has a touch of arthritis,it is a myth that they have fur so don’t feel the cold.

1 Like

Absolutely @gingakats, I also think that dogs have grown accustomed to central heating and then go outside, and just like us, feel the cold. Gone are the days of dog kennels in the back yard…mostly. Thank you for your lovely observations on my shop, it really is appreciated.

Welcome to Folksy :blush:

Wishing you all the best with your shop.

Karen x

2 Likes

Hi, I am a new shop too and finding it difficult to understand how your forum works, I will have to get my husband to help me there!
I don’t understand the stats page, I only sell in the u.k. On my other site, it broke down the viewings into where in the world they came from but here it doesn’t give this information, how dose this work?

I know what you mean @wendyssewcrafty, things are quite different here, but in a nice way. I have Google Analytics set up and that tells me where people are from. It too is a little hard to get your head around but once you’ve got it set up, it’s nice to watch the Real Time feed, I sometimes have it running while I’m doing my knitting. I wish you luck with your new shop, it is lovely and your hedgehogs are adorable.

1 Like

Hi @Jack Bentley Knitwear,
Thanks for your prompt reply :slight_smile :slight_smile:

Yes I have changed my links on Twitter Pintersest & Fbk too.

folksy.com have a fbk page did you know that already?
I think the limit is 3 items per day,which is ample really.
I add the odd item to that.

Thanks for your compliment re my Pieces.

I wish you luck for more sales.
Keeping my fingers xsd.
hazydaisy

1 Like