Are there any other gamer girls out there in Folksyland?

We’ve had threads about all sorts of hobbies, books, gardening, animal husbandry to name a few, and I was wondering if there was any others out there who love their games console as much as I love my xbox 360? (I’m not willing to upgrade to xbox one until I have to)
If so what console do you use and what are your favourite games?
Donna x

Nope I am a gamer widow, husband is guild wars and world of warcraft, son is warcraft and occasionally my daughter is guildwars - haven’t been tempted to join them yet.

1 Like

I have played warcraft a few times but much prefer my xbox to playing on the laptop. I’d never get any work done if my games were on here lol

I love gaming.
I had an xbox 360 but we got the ring of death afew times. Me and my other half managed to fix it twice but it lives no more.
I’m now using our PlayStation 3.
What games do you play?
Iv been a massive final fantasy fan ever since the first one on the original Nintendo.
And I love zelda.

I feel Your pain. My other half is a guildy.

Must admit if I could I would play it too but.Iv no pc or laptop.

1 Like

No - refuse to play games as they are such time wasters! When I first got my iPad my daughters downloaded loads of games and I spent hours playing them until I decided one day to delete them all. I tried playing a few games with my girls on the wii but was so useless I gave up!

My son plays xbox although he now has a ps4, its all laptops and pcs in my house. My OH fixes laptops, ipads etc and I have a house full of laptops. Sometimes you would never know 6 people were in this house and I am sat on my tod in the living room!
I feel like a widow too @Glehcar although I do like a sneaky game now and then but dont tell them :wink:

2 Likes

I’m playing the Assassins creed series at the mo, oh got me the latest one for Christmas so I’ve dusted all the rest of them off to play the series. I love the fable games, I use them to de-stress as they are so easy to play, apart from the kinect one which it a calorie burning workout (and you get to shoot fire balls from your hands lol ) I like the portal games too. I’ve not played final fantasy though, I may look on ebay and give it a go.
Roz I know what you mean about tablet games, I can’t resist the odd game of angry birds lol but in general it’s only at this time of the year I get my xbox out, all the rest of the time I’m just too busy.

Ohhhh I love playing games. Since I was a wee nipper and my dad bought a Dragon 32 computer which needed the games programmed in from a humungous book. The graphics were basically dots and lines but it was great. I loved the bat and ball pong game.
I think next was an Atari, then a Commodore 64, an Amiga. Oh yes not forgetting the PlayStation’s. I loved the Nintendo DS. I spent countless hours tinkering around on that.
My Husband has an Xbox but I’ve not played a game on it yet myself.
At the moment I’m a little bit addicted to the game apps on my tablet and iPhone.
I guess once you catch the gaming bug we are hooked for life :smiley:

Happy gaming folks

Karen

1 Like

Lol Karen it’s so true, I started off with a ZX Spectrum and had to programe the games nd save them on cassette tapes lol and them moved on to the nintendo and sega I did have a PS2 for a while but I don’t think you can beat the xbox for gameplay :smile: I did play loads of games on my iphone when I first got it about 5 years ago, but since the my eyesight and bad wrists have gotten so bad that it’s no fun any more :frowning:

Fable is fantastic one of my faves. Do you know about the pick cheat it’s sooooo funny.
It involves Alot of turning and waiting for the next day but you get thousands of picks. Comes in handy tho.

Have you played any of the elder scroll games?
I’m loving skyrim love the graphics and dragons gotta love a big dragon.

I haven’t heard of the pick cheat, I’ll have to try it next time.
I did have oblivion for a while but I didn’t really enjoy it I haven’t tried skyrim yet though. I do love a big dragon lol

I like skyrim better than oblivion.
But it is the same battle system Wich I’m less keen on.
But the story is good.

I might give it a go. I don’t like games that you need to grow 15 extra thumbs to play though :confused:

I know what you mean. it took me over a year to play it. My partner brought it for me and refused to play it.
long story.
But when I did on enjoyed it.
At the moment I’m playing earth defence force.
It’s brilliant and great if you want to let off steam but don’t play it if you get freaked out by massive ants spiders ect.

1 Like

I just googled earth defence force, they all look pretty good, ebay here I come lol I have no objections to battling giant insects at all :smile:

If you get it you will love it.
I have been blowing up spiders with a rocket launcher most of this afternoon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that does sound awesome :slight_smile: … I just treated myself I was going to bid on an auction, but I found a really cheap one buy it now lol I look forward to killing giant spiders with a rocket launcher :slight_smile:
Donna x

1 Like

That’s brilliant. let me know if you like it.
It is great fun.

1 Like

I will do, It’s coming first class so hopefully wont be too long :slight_smile: