Are you winding down for Christmas

Who is winding down for Christmas or are you still busy crafting, making, sewing, painting?

I’m not going to be doing as much, I’ve finished my personalised plaques etc but it’s going to be quiet now until after the hols.

I have some polymer clay so I want to have a play around with that, so what are you all going to be up to?

Jan I have finished making until after Christmas. Planning a revamp of my Folksy shop and have a notebook full of new ideas for 2020. May make a start on the Valentines Day gifts and card, or may have a break and watch soppy Christmas films from Hallmark.

What are you up to?

1 Like

I’ve just been diagnosed with Pleurisy and, as a result, I’m staying in bed. I was hoping this would mean I could get a load of writing done at my leisure but alas, I’m too dopey from painkillers. So it’s an enforced Christmas wind-down with everything crossed I’ll be better by the big day :frowning:

Soppy Christmas films are good :slight_smile: Me and the hubster are not doing much, some small family visits etc so we’ll be home alone most of the time, I’ll experiment with the clay if I get a chance, I’ve just finished a number of plaques but not ones to put on here, they were for family and friends and had elements that I wouldn’t be able to sell. Folksy is really slow at the moment for me so I’ll be looking at a few things for Valentines and Easter.

Any films you are particularly looking at watching?

1 Like

The last kiln load is out this afternoon. No more pottery making for 4 weeks now but we have two more days trading finishing on Saturday evening. On Saturday evening we put what’s left into the shed and close the door on it all. A quick dash upcountry to see family then home on Christmas eve, unpack the (hopefully) delivered online food order and then it’s walks on the beach with the dog and chilling out.
Happy Christmas everyone xx

Oh no Fozbom, (Jess), Pleurisy is a nasty thing, my sister had it and it knocked her for six. Keep warm, keep resting and keep taking the meds. Also keep pen and paper handy for when you need to jot down some notes, you don’t want to think of a great idea then doze off, if your anything like me you won’t remember anything, a bit like a dream :slight_smile:
I hope your feeling much better soon xx

Thank you Jan. It is really nasty indeed, That’s a great idea about the pen and paper, I like to think that when I’m fully awake I will have written a string of weird and wonderful things on there :laughing:

1 Like

Oohh, that sounds nasty.
Hope you start to feel better soon.
Sarah x

1 Like

I closed my shop last night and I’m having a break until after Christmas. It’s the 1st year that I have actually closed for Christmas, but since hubby’s heart attack a couple of months ago it’s been quite stressful so I want to have a bit of a chill with family. xx

3 Likes

Stay warm have had pleurisy in the past and not good, ended up in hospital once, my fault did not do what I was told. Hope you feel better soon Jess x

1 Like

Going through some Miss Marp,es, either forgotten or never saw them in the first place. Christmas ones have Christmas in the Air, Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane. Not to mention loads of Kirsties Handmade Christmas. Will watch the Holiday on Xmas Eve.

Kim, sometimes it takes something like this or family illness etc to remind us that we really do need to slow down sometimes and enjoy what we have, why not join me and Caroline (@Caroleecrafts ) at the TV… lots of movies and a ‘small’ glass of red would do nicely, or in my case a Bailey’s or a cup of tea :slight_smile:Sending hugs to you and hubby x

2 Likes

Yes, it will be Bailey’s for me too :blush:

Strawberry and cream Baileys with ice in a brandy glass, hot mince pie delicious

1 Like

I just keep working…I never slow down or stop

1 Like

Never tried the strawberry and cream one.

Yes, slowing down now. Will put my shop in extended shopping on Friday.
Doubt if I shall get much interest now. Not been bad tho.

Seen Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane. Quite enjoyed it.

I won’t be focusing on my Folksy shop but will be leaving it open.

I’ve still got a little bit of painting to do as a personal gift, and yesterday I just found out I get to display some paintings in my local library - from the 2nd! I’ve got enough work but don’t have any with the local landmark on at the moment, and it’d be the perfect location for those, so I’ve got 2 weeks to try get a couple more paintings done.

Then I’ll have to do a few new mini paintings to replace the Christmas stock that’s coming out of a local shop… I might wind down for my January birthday instead :laughing:
There’ll still be a bit of Baileys though, just got a bottle of salted caramel flavour last night.

1 Like

I have cut down on making, because I’m in a quandary about what to concentrate on next anyway. But I’m so bored with promoting (and it doesn’t seem to have any effect anyway), so I’m happily eating Hula Hoops and drinking rose while my OH is out with his mates.
I’m going to the Royal Albert Hall tomorrow to see (hear!) Handel’s Messiah, so that will be the real start of Christmas for me, and number 1 daughter is coming down in the evening. My shop’s still open 24/7 though :slightly_smiling_face: Hope everyone has a lovely time!