Art Chat 16th to 22nd November

The place to show and chat about all things art related, please do just jump on in, everyone is welcome and we love to see everyones art

Good morning, waving hi :wave:.

just added this one

2 Likes

Good morning! Loving the colours and the shimmering surface of the water. I’ve been trying to finish a series of British mammals aceos, but the light has been so bad over the weekend. The daylight bulb keeps drying the paint up and I think it’s giving me a scalp suntan too! But, I’ve just notice the sun coming up…so fingers crossed! Love to see all the fabulous artwork and will check back later to see some more!

2 Likes

morning ladies…don;t like the dark mornings (and days) …makes it difficult to see to paint…Hubby bought me a new art dvd yesterday so I was glued to the tv for a couple of hours…now I need to paint…bring on the sunshine !! In the mean time I just crochet as I can do that without looking and I KNOW what colour it is…
Lovely work on here.
welcome to any newbies…join in and chat…as Max said…we are a friendly lot and would love to see your work.

1 Like

Lovely scene Max, love the rock formations in the foreground.

Serena, I look forward to seeing your mammals ACEOs :smile:

Hi Brenda, hope you enjoy your painting/crocheting.

I’m still doing battle at work, but one of the more senior people, a woman I’ve know for many years, actually gave me a hug this morning, told me I’m valued and she was sorry I’d been upset. Things are looking up. Also, the mandatory procedure I’m refusing to follow is going to be reworded to make it more acceptable. I do find all this exhausting though!

3 Likes

Hugs Margaret hope things improve x
Thanks for the suggestion Stephie, was in a rush to list but can redo.

voila

1 Like

Evening all, that’s good to hear Margaret, it sounds more positive for you now. I know what you mean about the lamps Serena, I was taking pictures earlier under my light box and it got very warm!

1 Like

Ah big hugs Margaret, I hope things improve for you soon.

Serena I’ve put a “daylight” led lamp on my Xmas list, I hope Santa brings me one!

I’ve just put my first video on youtube, it’s a silent movie of my latest pebeo robin

4 Likes

Good morning waving hi to everyone :wave:. Brave Lady Stephie, and tile looks great! :smile:

just listed the first of my new ‘Scrap & Colour’ sets. So far I have done 7 designs but will be doing more, made a few books up yesterday and plan to list just a pack of the cards on their own, see how they go

2 Likes

I love that Max, it’s so pretty.

I’m working on a pet portrait this morning, a very cute black and white cat.

There’s an artist sketching her way through woman’s hour right now, they’re tweeting her work here https://twitter.com/BBCWomansHour She’s a comic/graphic designer, it’s interesting to see her sketches so far.

1 Like

Morning all, I have spent over 24 hours trying to find a plumber…none of them ring back despite messages left saying that we have a leak and wet floor…aaargh. In the end, I had to phone one of the expensive guys…and I have had to pay in advance…£100 plus parts and they haven’t even seen it yet !!..just a leaky joint from the toilet pipe…but at least they are coming today…
Why can’t these people have the good manners to respond?
So again, no painting…grrr…never mind, I have been doing some crochet , which I can pick up and put down at a moment’s notice.
I hope to be back later with a listing…
Hope you all stay safe from the storms…not too bad here just constant rain.

1 Like

Fingers crossed Santa takes the hint! they are brilliant for these dull days, I just think I angle mine too close to the top of my head sometimes! When I work out how to put a photo on here I’ll post my otter…is it the upload button? (hate pressing things in case something unexpected happens!)

Hi Serena yes if you click on the top selection in the upload one if the picture is on your own device or the bottom section if it’s on folksy, in your shop :slight_smile:

1 Like

ouch…the plumber cost £125…now I need to get listing.
Looking forward to seeing your otter TwibellArts…

That’s annoying Brenda :confused:

Thought you might all like to see this commission that I painted over the summer. I can only just show it now as it was bought as a wedding gift

4 Likes

Wow Stephie that’s absolutely stunning!

Ouch Brenda, that’s a lot of money!

I know Margaret, what a rip off but as we had dripping water, it had to be done and these plumbers know it. They know that you cannot say no or shop around for a better deal.
I have just listed this fantasy aceo.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing piece @StephanieGuy. I imagine the receivers where over the moon with that :slight_smile:
Your video is great too. Always nice to see work come together like that.

Love you book Max :smile:
Love your blues Tessa :slight_smile:

I’ve been finishing up a fan picture of some of my all time favourite comedy characters today.
Edward and Tubbs from The League of Gentlemen.

2 Likes

Good morning, ooh ouch brenda that was a lot for a drip! but better to be dry, gorgeous painting today. Stephie that is stunning! I bet your comissionee was really pleased with that one. That’s fab Lowri, is it for “local people” lol! :wink: :wave wave to Margaret.

ah back to work properly today in meetings most of the day but at least it’s only Cardiff!

Just added this one

1 Like

Loving all the work on here…some great items.
I have listed some crochet today but hope to be back with some paintings later…I currently have 78 aceos waiting to be listed !!!
Hope everyone is ok after yesterday’s storms…we escaped with just a couple of hours of heavy winds…I think the mountains protect us a bit …phew…