Art chat Mon 7th - Sunday 13th September

Thanks, everyone! :blush:

well I couldnā€™t download pics onto windows 10 so I will have to wait until our friend can give me another lesson. fortunately my old laptop was running this morning, so I can use that just to do my picture downloads for listing, then come onto the new pc for everything else.
Lowri, I just throw paint at the paper and see what I can seeā€¦I never have any plans or know what the result will beā€¦that saves a lot of worry about copyrightā€¦lol

Good morning everyone, Margaret @Louisa15, I hope your okay, sounds like your job change is having a big effect on you, I hope you are able to take proper breaks and keep stress levels down my lovely.

Lovely scene Pam
Oh dear Brenda, hope you get used to the new laptop soon, itā€™s always a pain changing computers and software lovely flowers too, very vintage looking

Love the expressions on your gilrs Lowri especially the whatevs

pretty encaustic Kelly, hope your shop listings are sorted now

I bought 2 large canvases yesterday and son has picked up his amp and guitars so I have room now for my easel yay, I bought a 2 x 5ft and a 2 x 3ft looking forward to the challenge of painting so big! I have a fair today so no painting time today

1 Like

Max, youā€™re right, itā€™s having a big effect on me and I fear stressful times to come. Thereā€™s a big important staff meeting on Monday morning, I fear a round of redundancies is in the offing, could be wrong but that is what I suspect.

Hope you get your laptop sorted Brenda.

Morning, all!
Good luck with the fair, Max!
Margaret, hope you have some nice things planned for the weekend to take your mind off work.
I listed this yesterday:

Thereā€™s some great work on the thread since Iā€™ve been away (went for an impromptu trip to the Peakā€™s in a borrowed touring caravan). Canā€™t comment on everything but the ones that stand out for me are Pamā€™s canal scene and Kellyā€™s cave-like encaustic.

The combine harvesters have been busy around here lately. I noticed a rather attractive field of hay rolls yesterday, they look fab in the evening sun donā€™t they? Hubs tells me that the combines are not owned by the farmers, theyā€™re rented out with the drivers and work their way up the country as the fields become ready for harvest. Interesting huh?

Good luck with your fair Max, and enjoy those canvases! They sound like a good shape too, I like the long thin ones.

Sending big hugs your way Margaret, I hope you have a nice peaceful weekend and can recharge your batteries.

Iā€™ve been taking A4 paper out over the summer so havenā€™t opened my mini tin for a while, it came as a nice surprise to see that I have something I can list!

1 Like

Afternoon allā€¦
Margaret I hope you are able to handle all the stress at workā€¦
I am still not able to download pics onto this laptop, so I have to go to my old pc just to get the pictures.
Our friend who set it all up for us will give me help on Mondayā€¦I am sure it is something simple that I am missing but I was glad at least to find the facility to crop and change photosā€¦(if only I had any to crop)ā€¦ha ha
In the mean time, courtesy of my old machine, here is todayā€™s listing.

1 Like

Lowri, I just throw paint at the paper and see what I can seeā€¦I never
have any plans or know what the result will beā€¦that saves a lot of
worry about copyrightā€¦lol

Thatā€™s really interesting, the reason why I asked mainly was because so many of your paintings remind me of snapshots in my own mind of places around home here in Wales. Really really lovely. :slight_smile: I love that even though theyā€™re imaginary places- they can feel so homely.

thanks for the hugs folks, I need it at the moment. Still, I am resting this weekend and enjoying it.

Fab fields and mountains Pam, thereā€™s a lot of harvesting going on around my way too. Didnā€™t know that about the combines Stephie, love the castle and I see itā€™s sold already!

Lovely landscape Brenda.

I shall be joining you soon Margaretā€¦
I decided to have another try at downloading my picsā€¦plugged in the camera lead and actually found the pics and how to crop and adjust them and then to save themā€¦
Then I unplugged the lead and they were goneā€¦
So I decided to come to folksy and see if when I clicked on the ā€œdownload picsā€ I could find themā€¦NOOO.
So I plugged in the camera lead againā€¦and found them, which meant that they were on the camera but not downloaded. On a good note, it meant that I could take them directly from the camera for listingā€¦so there is another one listed.

Then I put the disc back in the cameraā€¦and they have all goneā€¦deletedā€¦???..how odd is thatā€¦I need an OLOGY in Windows 10ā€¦!!

EUREKAā€¦
ā€¦

2 Likes

yay your on a roll now Brenda. lovely work today I especially love the butterfly ACEO Brenda so pretty.
Margaret we are alwsy here for you lovely, lots of changes are difficult to cope with my jb changes by the day at the moment and Iā€™m winging around all over the place a the moment but Iā€™m sure it will settle downa bit soon, I hope itā€™s the same for you Margaret and you can get back on an even keel.

Fair finished earlier than I though, not a bad day sold lots of coasters the ā€˜eweā€™ ones went down really well so Iā€™m pleased none booked now until November and I have the exhibition again at the end of September so things are ticking over nicely.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the lovely welcome the other day. waves
You are a talented bunch! Lovely work.
This is my listing todayā€¦Iā€™m afraid itā€™s a relist, but itā€™s one of my most popular designs. I hope you like it. X

Very pretty beach huts Clare, not surprised itā€™s popular :slight_smile:

Morning, I have a new mini painting to show you today

Well done Brenda for mastering windows 10 :smile:

Glad the fair went well Max. I find them hard work with all that smiling even though Iā€™m a naturally smiley person anyway.

Love the beach huts Clare, and I like the way youā€™ve got the bucket in the photo.

2 Likes

Afternoon allā€¦a lovely sunny day here in South Walesā€¦
Great work everyoneā€¦I am hoping to get to proper grips with this windows 10 nowā€¦all good for old brainsā€¦keeps them workingā€¦lol

Those colours are gorgeous @StephanieGuy, so warm <3
Well done with your fair @paperchainsandbeads, I have a love hate thing with fairs, I like them- but the social side makes me cringe. I really try but Iā€™m so bad at talking to people- I probably donā€™t come across as bad as I think I do, but Iā€™m just more of a nodder and a smiler than a talker!

Jealous of your sun @teabreaks, itā€™s pretty grey up here in the North.

Today will be spent making some more shrink plastic Jewellery. I made this little scribble on photoshop this morning and I think sheā€™d look nice on Jewellery, so Iā€™ll have a go at that. :smile:

1 Like

well, I download this painting onto my laptop ā€¦hoorayā€¦lolā€¦
just listed.

1 Like

Hiya allā€¦

Great work all :smile:

No Max, my listings havenā€™t been sorted outā€¦I am a bit confused to be honest.Now no-one can see what I have sold.
Thank-you for your kind comment. I very much appreciate it.

Thank-you Stephanie for your kind comment.

I do find it interesting how people see a cave in my last paintingā€¦I see a blue horses head!

1 Like

good morning, waving hi to everyone, hope you had a good weekend.

Love the fresh colours and different patterns you have used in your beach huts Clare, not surprised itā€™s a good seller
gorgeous colours n the one Stephie, love that splash of blue with orange
your gilr is going to look great on a necklace Lowri, I have only dabbled in shrink plastic a bit hit and miss, will be interested to see how you get on with it :smile:
yay well done Brenda, youā€™ll soon be a pro on your new laptop!" lovely landscape too, looks very peaceful there
Oh dear Kelly hope itā€™s sorted soon