Art chat Mon 7th - Sunday 13th September

good morning everyone…here is the place to chat about art and show the work you have been doing.

Good morning, my first visit to the Art Chat, love your painting @GweddusArt. I’ve been working on mini canvas prints this past week, wanted to produce something that didn’t require a frame (Not sure about posting glass, any tips welcome) I’m also not very good at parting with my original paintings, but I’m just going to have to learn, I just have too many) :slight_smile:
I’ve only listed my poppy one so far, here it is!

1 Like

Morning :smile:

Brenda, gorgeous as always - I always want to visit the places in your landscapes :smile:

DaisyWings, that is very pretty - reminds me of early summer, iyt looks lovely and warm (but not too hot) with a hint of a breeze :smile:

I’m celebrating passing 1200 Folksy sales - yay!

3 Likes

Fabulous work all :smile:

Here is one of my pom pet critters…

https://folksy.com/items/6709336-Pom-Pet-Critter-Leroy-The-Keyring-Lion-039-

2 Likes

I love making collage’s and now I’ve discovered the mono printing plate by Gelli I’m having so much fun using up the papers I’ve printed.
https://folksy.com/items/6687832-Purple-Deco-Roses-Collage-UK-Europe-Free-p-p

Congratulations on your 1200 sales! :smiley: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Congratulations on your 1200 sales Sara, that’s amazing! I’m at 119, which I am chuffed to bits with.

1 Like

welcome to all the new arty friends…please keep popping in to say Hi…Lovely to have you all join us !!
Sara…super seller eh?!..wow well done and well deserved and it just proves that if you want something badly enough, you can achieve it…brilliant.
Tina…I never post glass…in fact I never frame any of my paintings because I think we all have different likes and dislikes and I would be bound to choose the wrong one.
I sometimes sell my paintings mounted but that is all.
Great work everyone…keep painting and keep selling.
I have faved everyone’s shop.

3 Likes

Hi all, great to see new faces on the thread today :smile:

Brenda, the colours in that sunset landscape are superb!

Hi Tina, fab poppies, I’m a big fan of poppies, and I love those kind of canvases that don’t need framing, this is lovely! I don’t think I’d buy something with glass, it would be so worrying in case it broke in transit!

Congrats on 1200 Folksy sales Sara!

Cute Pom pet critter Kelly.

Hi Gillian, beautiful collage, and purple is my favourite colour! I remember buying one of your gorgeous cards a while ago, love your style :smile:

Waving Clare :raising_hand:

1 Like

Good morning, just a flying visit I’m afraid a few long long days this week travel from hone to Cardiff onto Worle a 2-3 hour trip each way and full day workshops! but I have a few days off this week in between to recover.

Waving hi to everyone and lovely to see new faces :smile:

Gorgeous colours Brenda
Yeah well done Sara!
Love the poppies Tina. I have posted glass, but was probably over cautious and made sturdy frames inside the box and well padded with tissue and lots and lots of bubble wrap, but I’m petrified every time just in case!
Cute critter Kelly my son still has his little foxes atop his computer :smile:
Lovely collage Gillian, I’m intrigued by the mono print plates will have to look those up!

waving to Clare and Margaret :wave:

1 Like

morning all…today I am adding to my collection of Halloween witches…

Hi all.

Thank-you for your kind comment Margaret.

Well done Sara!

Thank-you Max. I am glad your son is happy with the foxes :slight_smile:

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6709831-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-Butterflies-004-

3 Likes

Afternoon all…everyone must be busy painting…I shall chat to myself then…
Hello Brenda, how are you today?
I am fine thank you,
What have you been doing?
Well I have just painted this tiny aceo landscape…all in black and white.
I like that one Brenda…
Why thank you…lol…

2 Likes

Lovely work everyone- Really really love your monochrome mountains @teabreaks
@Kelever- your flower painting has a lovely colour pallet, delightful.
Your poppies are very pretty @DaisyWings :slight_smile:

Fab work everyone, sorry can’t stop to chat - mega busy!!

Hope you get some chance to rest later, Margaret!
Waving to all! :smile:
My first chance to post this week - there’s gorgeous work on here.
I’ve just listed a painting of a pub I saw earlier in the summer and am trying to decide what to paint on an ACEO for the SAA event.

2 Likes

Hi.

Great work all.

Thank-you for your kind comment Lowri :slight_smile:

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6710533-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Painting-With-Fancy-Edging-003-

evening all, lovely work everyone :). just off to make dinner before bake off. Busy day here, worked this morning for a few hours, then prepped 6 initial wire pendants popped to the post box and then did some promotion. Relaxed evening is in order I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely colours again @Kelever, and your ACEO is so cute @phoenixprojects!
I’m looking forward to bake off too @paperchainsandbeads, enjoy! :smiley:

I’ve been working on a few pieces, some dolls and some paintings.
These dolls are for a local exhibition. There are things I’m unhappy with about them- but the invitation for 3D was short notice and I was determined to make something new despite the fact I only had a day!

4 Likes

Thanks, Lowri! :smile:
Good luck at the exhibition, the dolls look great and complement your paintings really well.

1 Like