Art chat Mon 7th - Sunday 13th September

Thanks @phoenixprojects :smiley:

Fab dolls Lowri, they are brilliant and really bring your girls to life.

Love the pub ACEO Pam

Pretty abstract Kelly

Waving to everyone else :smile:

Love everyone’s work and thanks all for the lovely comments! Love the bake off too! :smile:

Good morning, the dolls look fab Lowri, good luck with the exhibition too,

Going to be a very long day today travel to Worle for meetings and then straight to Art Society. Have a good day everyone :wink:

Thanks for the kind comments :smile:
Have a great day too @paperchainsandbeads!

Morning and waving to everyone. I’m super busy this week, hopefully will get chance to stop by properly this evening and show you what I’ve been up to.
Love all the art on show here, I especially like Lowri’s new dolls - good luck with the exhibition and good on you for taking up the challenge!

Hiya all…

Great work all :smile:

Thank-you for the lovely comments Lowri and Margaret. Much appreciated.

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6710848-An-Original-Encaustic-Art-Painting-012-

1 Like

That’s pretty Kelly, looks to me like an underwater cave ready to be explored! :smile:

Thanks Margaret. Very interesting comment :slight_smile:

what a busy day…
first things first…my listing…

2 Likes

great work everyone.
This, is a heads up to be aware of.
Kelly noticed today that two of the items she had sold were STILL showing as “for sale” in her shop…she contacted admin who couldn’t explain it…so she has had to manually remove them from her shop and now it shows 2 sold but when you click on the number , the page is blank…(it usually shows the sold items)
Sooooo…please, IF you sell something, check that it has gone from your shop or it might cause you problems. Admin were just as puzzled but I feel it is something to be aware of so that you can check. It would be awful if something sold twice…(unless you were able to duplicate the item).
We have spent all morning with a good friend showing us our new laptops, complete with windows 10.
What a nightmare…I can see me sticking with this old laptop for a long time yet !!
We tried downloading some pics and that was OK but goodness knows how to crop and square them yet…On my old laptop, all pics go into daily labelled folders, on windows 10 they just get listed , so finding them could be a real horror story…the friend was here for 4 hours AND he had downloaded the windows 10 before arriving !!!. We had to register everything again, answer security questions with new passwords etc etc…aargh
Waving to everyone…
No painting time today…sigh

1 Like

Nothing creative for me until the middle of next week, taking my daughter to first year of Uni on Saturday, then Sunday we’re getting ready for new flooring being laid on Monday & Tuesday. Good luck with the knew laptop Brenda, hope everyone has a great weekend! :smile:

Good morning, waving hi to everyone. I have the day off sort of, only have a few bit to do for work then I can have some time to myself. I have some pendants to finish, prep for a fair tomorrow and go for coffee with a firend, then on to get a large canvas - may even get to the craft shop :wink:

Blimey Brenda sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I’m sure it won’t take too long :wink: lovely landscape by the way

lovely encaustic Kelly, I do miss my wax sometimes, but there are just not enough hours in the day lol!

Almost done on the spare room with my set up and I also have space for my easel, whoo I have had an antique easel for a number of years stashed in the loft as nowhere to put it but I’ll have room now, first on the list of paintings is a huge (and I mean huge! at least 3ft by 4 ft or bigger if I can find it) canvas for the wall, son had posters up but now I can paint a large picture, I have a picture in my head abstract with yellow, black, white and metal leaf! and I’m going to pick up the canvas today :)!! exciting stuff this.

Morning, all! :sunny:
Hope the laptops get easier, Brenda!
Good luck with your weekend, Tina!
Enjoy the painting, Max!
I’ve just listed a little seascape…

2 Likes

well here I am on windows 10…haven’t got a clue what I am doing and ironically , after all the discussion about photos mine could be VERY different from now on as right now I don’t have a clue how to square them or change them in any way…aaargh…
I was going to continue to use my old laptop, but in jealous fashion last night it decided to shut down and not work…ha ha…
If I am missing in action, it isn’t that I don’t love you all…ha ha…back later…I hope…maybe with a listing…that would be interesting…ha ha

1 Like

Spare room sounds great Max, love your Aceo PhoenixProjects and I hate it when anything on laptops etc change, hope it goes OK Brenda!

1 Like

Great work all :smile:

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6711264-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-Butterflies-005-

1 Like

I always love your colour choices @Kelever
You always have such details in your ACEO’s @phoenixprojects
Lovely landscape @teabreaks, are your landscapes based on memories- put together with imagination, or are they still life? Sorry if that’s a stupid questions, I’m just interested in how people put together images. :smile:

Here are some quickie pieces I made in between things yesterday.

Fab work everyone, especially Pam’s ACEO and Lowri’s amazing girls! Still mega busy and it’s only going to get worse…

Thank-you for your kind comment Lowri, it’s very much appreciated :slight_smile: Great work from you too.