Ask Royal Mail your questions in this week's #folksyhour

Have just tried doing the twitter #folksyhour
did they answer any questions?
Am I missing something it just twitter hour doesn’t seem to work for me.

These points would be great - as I have mentioned in a tweet tonight on #folksyhour - I like the idea of the online postage - but once my credit ran out I didn’t pay for anymore - as I was still having to queue in my local post office to ensure I had proof of postage in case it went missing (something had in the past - and as I’d only printed the postage label and posted - I couldn’t claim…)

I would use the service more if the online purchase was also taken as proof of postage - or there was a quicker way of getting it checked at my local PO, but the points made by RedDevilCrafts would make the online tool much better too! printing more than one postage label is alwasys a chore!!

Cheers!

Hazel, I find twitter very confusing too but I try to join in (although I have to admit to just about missing the last two weeks - senior memory loss!). Even if you only join in the odd convo or tweet a question, it gets people talking and then Folksy is very good at summarising it all afterwards. Also the more people that join in the more likely Folksy is going to get heard about! Wish there was a way of mastering all this social media but it seems you have to be about 5 yrs old in order to understand it all - I am way past it!

1 Like

I’m with you on the social media Roz, I really struggle to understand Twitter with all the hashtag stuff & also trying to follow who is saying what. I know social media is a really useful way to promote but I find it so hard to find anything to say about what I have created & also to get to grips with the various different platforms. Still guess it’s just something else to master lol. xx

1 Like

I find it easier to join in on my laptop than on my phone, I have 2 tabs open, one for notifications so that I can see if anyone has replied to me, and one for the hashtag #folksyhour. If I only have my phone on me it’s impossible to take part and keep up, it moves so fast!

Also, on the laptop there is an option to expand the conversation so that you can link interesting comments back to the originator.

I had the twitter #folksyhour, notifications and @folksy open but still could not keep easily follow, its ages between tweets and then I get 14 down in one go. At the end of the hour I end up frustrated.
Have had notifications from Royal Mail 2 hours ago they answered my 1 question 5 times but mostly by either posing another question or an unhelpful statement.

Mine was flowing quite well with new tweets every time I refreshed the page, which was every few minutes. Was your wifi OK? Or do you have twitter set to update at a set interval eg 10 minutes?

Usually when I am on twitter with one or 2 people it comes through quickly. #folksyhour is the only group I am involved with but even if I refreshed the page new things did not come down, I only have slow connection to internet maybe thats the problem.

Thanks Stephanie, I never thought of having more than 1 tab open so I will try that technique. As for using a phone I wouldn’t know how. My kids all laugh at me 'cos although I have a so called smart phone in my hands it’s more like a “dumb” phone. My phone is also pretty cheap & nasty so doesn’t work that well. So I would never attempt anything that I find tricky on a laptop on it. Any further tips on how to use social media to best effect would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards
Debby

1 Like

Sorry you were having problems @leathermeister.

I use a combination of Hootsuite and Twitter on my desktop to keep up with the conversations. If you use Hootsuite you can choose to have different ‘streams’, so I have our feed, #folksyhour, notifications and our own tweets running, and then also have tabs open for the guests’ feed. You do have to keep refreshing everything, but there are normally tweets every few seconds. (It trended at number 4 this week and number 5 the week before, which shows how crazy it can get.)

3 Likes

Thanks Camilla @folksycontent1, I will have a look at Hootsuite and see if that helps. I dont want to stop following the #folksyhour but currently get so frustrated with it.
Hazel

Thank you I will also take a look at Hootsuite. Luckily my very tech savy off spring will be home from digs soon so I’ll ask for his help to set everything up!

Right, so I’ve finally put together all your tweets from the #folksyhour Postage Special and made it nice and tidy and easy to read (hopefully). You can find it here…

There are lots of themes here that could do with their own blog posts, but I’ll try to do one that summarises the main points to start with. If anyone has experience of any of the topics covered (eg trialling free postage), and fancies writing a blog post about it, let me know!