Best Postage Courier

Hi Folksy Family,

Can you please let me know what postage option you use and what is cheapest option. I cannot offer free postage, and find minimum to charge is £3.50, the packaging I will use recycled.

Thanks

Ruyi

1 Like

I have used MyHermes now Evri and left them for Royal Mail. Used to use first class but now second and will send first if required for an additional charge. They also collect larger packages from my hone so easy.

1 Like

Royal Mail everytime, imlocal to post office so thats probably why but i dont have to wait for collections and dont trust Evri ( hermes) .

I’ve never used anything but Royal Mail and have never had cause to look elsewhere.

I use click and drop quite a lot as a small parcel starts at £2.85, pretty good value I think.

I always use Royal Mail. I live a few minutes walk from my local post office so it’s very convenient and the staff are always helpful and efficient. I always use tracked/signed for my international parcels and have never had any issues with customs or lost parcels :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I put my trust in the Royal Mail and use second class for UK postage and tracked and signed for the USA.

1 Like

I send everything 2nd class signed for royal mail ( International signed for for overseas) and use my local post office. In 12yrs of trading I’ve had 2 items take longer than they should have done (both overseas) but they did finally arrive and I’ve had no damages or losses.

I hate being on the receiving end of hermes/evri as every time without fail I have problems so I will never send via them.

1 Like

I’m another that sticks with RoyalMail.

1 Like

I also stick with Royal Mail. I get a proof of posting for items under £15.00, then for items more than that I get them signed for. I generally send 2nd class.

1 Like

Depends on what you are selling and it’s size. Small items go Royal mail and I use ‘tracked and signed’ for items over £10.00 so if they go missing I’m covered with insurance. International services are also good. Royal mail have never let me down but it is a bit of a hassle going to the Post Office.

I always use Royal Mail when I’m sending and after bad delivery experiences I avoid anyone who ships with Hermes/ Evri.
Royal mail offer cheaper prices online if you buy your postage through click and drop rather than at a post office.

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s hard trying to keep cost down. I find with Royal Mail measuring if it will fit through letter box a pain. My items are bulky so Royal Mail are expensive.

I’ll have a look at couriers

Thanks

1 Like

Really consider this as couriers can be a nightmare. I send large boxes to customers and never had a complaint about the postage fee. Most people understand that they have to pay postage. Looking at your items unless a big order would fit in as small parcel. I use this for a lot of items such as my lace flowers in glass bottles etc.

I charge 60p per extra item but always refund if the combined postage comes to less, something my customers always appreciate.

Like the others I avoid orders sent via certain courier companies, do accept UPS and DHL though but they are very expensive.

Thank you. Yes it is something to think about, I was looking at evri because it’s cheapest option with tracking.

@TheTealightHut I have a postal template ruler for letters and large letters, honestly it is one of the most useful things I have ever bought.

1 Like

I always use Royal Mail - they are really efficient and reliable. I have a postal template too and it’s invaluable - cost about £2.50 and is used on a daily basis.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who replied, I will consider all options. Does anyone insure their parcels or at least get tracked delivery?

1 Like

With Royal Mail if you use standard first or second class post and get proof of posting it comes with £20 insurance as standard (some exclusions apply eg jewellery isn’t covered). For RM ‘signed for’ services the insurance cover goes up to £50 (again exclusions apply and you need to get proof of posting when dropping it off at the post office). This standard insurance should be fine for sending tealights.

3 Likes

Ok thank you. I did not know proof of posting also provides insurance. I will look into how much it cost to send Tealight by Royal Mail.

1 Like

Hi! Just ass the postage cost to the price of the item… so if someone buys two items you are in pocket.
Wish my solution was that easy! I accidentally removed several listings, about 50, despite the warning. I had just resisted some and so these went too. Never mind, I had other that had been unlisted and that got me down to listing those! Wendy

1 Like