Brrrr it's cold

I walked into the conservatory is and it was only 5degrees in there.

The dog is curled up on the sofa wrapped up an a pink fluffy blanket.

I think it’s a day for thick jumpers and thicker fluffy socks and lots of knitting of hats and gloves.

2 Likes

It is freezing Eileen. I have my wooly jumper and 2 pairs of sock on, even though we’re lucky enough to have underfloor heating downstairs my workroom is an ice box! We don’t have fancy things like double glazing because our chapel is a building of historical interest :frowning:

1 Like

Its cold and frosty here too, was wondering about the guinea pig, and felt so sorry for her, so I now have her in her travel cage on the kitchen table, whilst her hutch thaws out in the garage. Extra extra bedding for her tonight I think. Brrrrrrrr.
Making leek and potato soup to warm the rest of friends and family.
Suzzie x

2 Likes

Yum - homemade leek and potato soup. My favourite!

The best thing about this cold weather is the hearty food to warm me up. A nice casserole and dumplings tonight

I’m quite unwell so have the windows open, and have had the bedroom window open all week. Haha and I’m usually a cold person! Definitely not with this bug!!

Yikes I think I’d invest in very thick heavy curtians to help keep in the heat.

I think the oven is about to go on so I can roast butternut squash and Sweet potato then I’ll make a nice soup out of them. It will also keep the kitchen nice and warm :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just had some comforting beef and lentil stew and dumplings left over from last night’s dinner - yummy!

Currently sat at home in slippers, jeans, with 3 tops on, 1 cardigan a fleece, a scarf and my dressing gown over the top. And I wouldn’t say no to gloves.

1 Like

It’s beautiful here in sunny Sheffield, was a cold start this morning but sunny from first thing. Thermometer on our patio is reading 13 degrees, but it is south facing and a sun trap.

Very cold here today too although the sun has been shining so my conservatory aka my craft room has been lovely and warm today. I even sat out on the patio for a bit at lunchtime, its a bit of a sun trap and was warmer than sitting in the house!

Very cold here too…I have loads of layers on!! Trying to motivate myself to get sewing but just want to sit in front of the fire with my 2 cats!!..I really need to get some new items made, my shop is looking a bit empty since Christmas!..maybe another cup of tea will help…

Doing the ironing is a good way to warm up. You don’t often hear me say the words ‘good’ and ‘ironing’ in the same sentence.

2 Likes

I’ve also been ironing to warm up. It’s so cold, still won’t be long before it’s raining again, I expect :slight_smile:

We had snow a few days back - I took a few photos, but only noticed ‘the ghosts’ either side of this gateway when I got home!

The snow has almost all gone now, but it’s still quite nippy here in Southern Scotland :ghost:

6 Likes

Lol, love that photo, or are they baby seals?! :grinning:

1 Like

heheh! Yes, that would be a nicer thought, Lorraine. :smile:

1 Like

I am eagerly anticipating it apparently turning a bit milder at the end of the week :slight_smile:

I’ve given in and put the heating on this afternoon. Usually I just add more clothes!

Off to make some winter veg soup soon and then do the washing up - both guaranteed to warm me up!

Been very chilly her in Staffordshire today but a stunningly gorgeous blue sky day and the birds have been singing fit to burst.
Really a bit too cold to cut much glass in the garage as my right hand, which got nerve damaged by a badly placed steroid injection last April, has decided to play up again, after having 95% recovered by November.
My thumb and fore finger which were the ones ‘attacked’ by the unfortunate needle have suddenly reverted to total numbness when they get cold.
Such a nuisance but I’'m seeing the hand woman tomorrow so I’ll see what she says.

Probably don’t work in a freezing cold garage with icy cold glass !