Buy Less, Buy Better, Buy Handmade - join our national campaign for craft!

Ok, managed that bit, now how doI get the image to save so I can use it please, so sorry I’m useless at this. :confused:

2 Likes

I think I need cyber laptop access so that you can go into my laptop and do this for me too… This is fabulous. I can feel coffee, coffee, coffee and lots of ‘click this’ ‘click that’ fun coming on. Happy Friday.

3 Likes

Good luck with that one. I have NO IDEA how I managed to see the ‘download/save’ button, but I seemingly did!!! Happy Friday.

3 Likes

Good morning Lynne. On my screen there is a ‘Share’ button in the top right hand corner, it gives you some options and I have been downloading it and then moving it to my photos (although there must be an easier way). It takes a while to download, at first I thought nothing was happening.

2 Likes

Well done. Good idea, I didn’t think of putting my own link on, I’ll have to try that.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic! You can also add your own images instead of the ones we’ve used.
Like this…

To save a design from Canva on desktop @PaintedHorseArt (I don’t use the app, so I don’t know if it’s the same on there, sorry):

• Click the SHARE button in the top right corner
  • Scroll down and click the DOWNLOAD button
  • Keep the png setting and size as they are
  • Click the DOWNLOAD button

I’ve attached screenshots below that show where the buttons are. I hope that helps.

5 Likes

Thank you for this and for the PICTURES. Makes my cyber life so much easier to negotiate. Happy Friday. Katie

2 Likes

Hooray! It took a while but I managed it! :partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Thanks Camilla, I’m on an IPad and I’d managed to figure that out, but, once I hit download I can’t find where it’s gone…… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks lovely, I’ll give that a try too.

2 Likes

Brilliant campaign - ordered our #buylessbuybetterbuyhandmade as soon as I found it. Been posting on all our media outlets - fantastic news and well done Folksy team. I’m a great fan of Heritage Crafts too - they’re very involved in safeguarding lots of basketry techniques and patterns. Fabulous to be able to be involved.

Folksy team - perhaps a blog on how to use Canva might be helpful for those who aren’t used to it. :heart:

4 Likes

I think I’ve found my ‘downloads’ so am getting there thanks to everyone who helped. I’ve a long way to go but I think I’ve managed to make something I can use on Instagram at least.
Thank you all @plumporridge @thewingeddonut and @folksycontent :blush:x

3 Likes

Well done Lynne, I’ll look out for your posts. xxx

2 Likes

Wasn`t quite sure how to do this at first but here is my attempt:

Have place this onto Instagram too.

3 Likes

My husband is going to give me a quick canva training session today - he keeps telling me it’s really easy- we shall see!

2 Likes

Hope it goes better than my husbands attempt to teach me! Everything’s easy when you know how.

2 Likes

We’ve made a blog post and video for anyone who wants to join the campaign isn’t sure how to use the Canva templates - https://blog.folksy.com/2022/11/28/how-to-add-your-own-images-to-canva-templates

Hopefully that helps :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

I can’t download any of your images. It’s telling me I need Drive but I don’t want to have to enable third party cookies on my laptop. Can you make these easier to download?

1 Like

It’s not working for me. Not able to download any of the images or pngs.

1 Like