Buy Less, Buy Better, Buy Handmade - join our national campaign for craft!

Have you seen our campaign? We’re thrilled to have joined up with Heritage Crafts, CRAFT Festival, Crafts Council, Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair and Find A Maker on a new national campaign to support makers across the UK and encourage shoppers to BUY LESS, BUY BETTER, BUY HANDMADE.

We would love you all to join in and get behind us - and we’ve put together a campaign guide and pack to make it super easy.

Find all the links and read more here - Buy Less, Buy Better, Buy Handmade | Folksy Blog

Help us shout about handmade over every rooftop!

If you’ve got any questions, just ask :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Lovely idea x

3 Likes

Best ever email this morning. Absolutely over the moon with this campaign. Thank you all so much for getting this together. Very impressed. Very delighted. A very happy Folksy small business. Already shared (a few times - and yes I did name drop!)

3 Likes

This is definitely the direction I’d like to see Folksy moving into. All prestigious and professional organisations, and well regarded. Thanks to everyone involved in setting up this very welcome development.

4 Likes

This is great. I have been using the templates this morning, found it a wee bit of a struggle but I think that’s just me. Got there in the end.

5 Likes

Really love this idea! Already had a play around with the templates; will definitely be joining in with this fab campaign!

1 Like

Can anyone help with how to use Canva please? A sort of childproof guide would be wonderful.
I love this idea and I’d love to get involved, I just need a bit of tuition on Canva.

4 Likes

Right, here we go Lynne :laughing: @PaintedHorseArt (This is how it looks to me on a Mac)

Sort out your photo ready to upload.
Follow the link on Camilla’s post above to find the templates.
There’s a list on the left hand side of the page. Find ‘uploads’ and click on it.
A purple button comes up ‘Upload file’. Click on that and choose your photo from your files.
Your photo will appear on the left hand side of the page.
Now you should be able to drag it across and drop onto whichever template you want to use.
You can drag it out to fit
If the words on the template are now hidden, right click the picture to bring up some options. About five down it says ‘Send backward’. Click on that and the photo is then behind the words.
And you’re done.
In the top righthand corner there is a ‘Share’ button where I downloaded it to my files.

I got this just by messing around with it this morning and there could well be an easier way, if someone knows please shout. I’d like to know if there is a way to change the colour of the words, so far I can’t see if there is. There looks like other things you can do too, so I hope others will share any tricks so that we can all make the most of this campaign.

5 Likes

I used the “replace background” option when I right clicked on my photo, and it set it perfectly within the box without needing to stretch it. Then took off any overlays that were on top

As far as changing the text colour, just click on the text and there’s a bar along the top with text options such as changing the colour (just sceenshotted an example)

r

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing, I’m going try it out. Lol :joy: I think!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for this info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for that. I’ll have a go at changing the colour of the text tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you both @plumporridge and @thewingeddonut ill have a look tomorrow when I’ve got time to sit and play with it.
Computer speak is a bit like a foreign language for me and trying to do something ‘blind’ is virtually impossible so thank you so much for your help. :blush::blush:

2 Likes

Now, the templates technology just may be a bit too far for this ‘technology and I don’t like each other’ crafter. But will have a go.

3 Likes

I know how it is Katie, I get so mad at it all because as far as I’m concerned ‘NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY’ :joy:

I bet I try again today and my own instructions won’t even make sense to me!

But do have a go, keep clicking until something falls into place lol xxx

3 Likes

Thank you @thewingeddonut, I’ve learned how to change the colour, size of font and all sorts this morning.

I have prepared this for my Folksy Friday board tomorrow.

8 Likes

I love you ‘keep clicking’ instructions … :wink: will try those. Take care. Katie

2 Likes

I take much the same approach with washing machines and microwaves :wink:

4 Likes

:rofl: Microwave? what’s a Microwave ??? My sister has one. She works it for me when I’m there. DOH

3 Likes

I think, just think and only thinking, I just may have got this! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m sure though there is a way of ‘clicking’ on my page and people would be directed there. But, hey, this girl is delighted that she’s managed to her business name on the poster.

7 Likes