Can't list new items today?

Anyone else having trouble listing new items today? I’ve just gone through the whole process, made a thing, photographed it, edited the photos, wrote a description, filled in all the other fields, even uploaded (or so I thought) four photos in a row without getting the dreaded red warning… then hit the button and got a ‘website under heavy load’ message. My carefully created listing then sat there with the ‘save’ button greyed out and a buffering circle before eventually expiring and now I can’t even access my account to find out whether by some miracle the whole thing saved as a draft, I just keep getting the ‘under heavy load’ message. @folksystaff If anyone can update us on a likely timescale for fixing this, I’d be very grateful, I had planned to do more listing today (evidently along with a lot of other people). And the status blog linked in the pinned post above just gives me this:

"Something unexpected happened while accessing this website. It looks like it doesn’t have an active domain connection upgrade to link the requested domain name to the WordPress.com site.

If this is your domain name and it has recently stopped working, it’s possible that your plan or domain may have expired. Please log in to your WordPress.com account and review the status of your plan and domain. "

Which leaves me none the wiser!

First world problems, I know. I’m taking an early lunch break and will check back later in hopes that it’s fixed!

Just had a look at one of my listings and got in eventually. It does seem extraordinarily slow. But it is working.
Just a website hiccup, they do happen everywhere so wouldn’t worry. Have you checked to see if your new listing is in draft…

I’ve had some problems today too when clicking on links to items…got the ‘heavy load’ message a couple of times, but then it seems ok for a while. Obviously gremlins in the works…

I clicked on a link in someone’s shop and got the ‘under heavy load’ message. Could this please be sorted @dougfolksy

Better to email the Urgent support address than post here

1 Like

You’re right @JOYSofGLASS… my excuse is that I’ve spent 15 years on another platform where Support is basically a myth! Anyway it seems to be working now so fingers crossed the gremlins have gone away. And thank you to whoever is working hard on this behind the scenes!

1 Like