Charity products

Please can I ask, when you are asked to make a product for a charity auction, do you invoice yourself on your accounts to show a reduction in your stock, postage etc?

I have been asked to make some items for a coffee morning for Lynch Syndrome UK. I made ten items, created the packaging, and posted them out to the person running the coffee morning. Sorry to be nosey but did just wonder what other people did to account for stock.

Thank you Rachel

Whenever I’ve donated to a charity I send them a invoice stating the items as donations free of charge.

I keep a copy for my account file and ask for a receipt of goods delievered from the charity on their headed paper with the reference number of the invoice I sent them. Then you are able to match up the paterwork.

Thank you @EileensCraftStudio thats ace. I shall adopt that as proceedure thank you.

Welcome :smile:
I just use the same system I’ve used working in accounts departments of companies I’ve worked for in the past.

It was more to keep my stock numbers updated so this should work well. Thank you

Thanks for that info Eileen @EileensCraftStudio. I give quite a few things to charity shops when I get fed up with them hanging around, or I need space. I shall keep a record of these donated items in the future. Marg. x

1 Like