Christmas decorations traditional vs modern

Its a sunny July day so obviously Im soldering Xmas decorations

I tend to stick to traditional themes but Im trying to drag myself into the modern day and try something different and new eg cute little penguins

What do you think is preferable, traditional or modern? If modern what kind of themes, snowmen, animals, people?

2 Likes

I do like the modern look but my heart is 100% with the traditional style. I just love old winter scenes and the very old fashion Santa Claus, snowmen, they make my heart melt! x

I would like to say I prefer traditional, yet every year I seem to get drawn into buying something cute or I get given something by relative which doesn’t fit my scheme. It all seems to blend in-so I say embrace the Christmas tat!

Love Sam x

2 Likes

Modern. Love penguins and shiny sparkly things!

Some people love traditional, some love modern, some love a mix - there’s a market for all kinds of Christmas stuff :slight_smile:

I’m working on commissions for Christmas decorations already LOL. Listed some new Christmas items back in May and June - am determined to be as organised as possible this year!

My tree is a strange mix of both. It has everything from snowflakes to Manchester United baubles :slight_smile: Although for the rest of the house I prefer traditional greenery. I have a huge holly bush in the garden and it gets stripped every year lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I class mine as traditional so I think I’ve got to go on that. I try to make a lot of them in traditional Christmas colours too.

I like modern, although my tree is also a mix of both and I do like quirky (whatever that means) and unusual! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you like unusual then you’d probably like some of mine because they are unique and unusual. Unfortunately I haven’t much listed in my shop at the moment but I do have a Facebook page.

Thanks Pauline, I shall pop over and take a look:)

I love both traditional and modern Xmas decorations.
My tree is always the same with little baubles baubles, pressies and stars and tinsel.
But the other stuff is quite modern and my nana has brought me moat of it.
I have hats, teddies, sunglasses, weird spring things.
It’s great I love Christmas!!!

1 Like

After years of fighting to stay natural and traditional, I let my o/h talk me into a snow blasted fake tree and we cover it in kitsch fifties sixties style decs and lots of lights- it is quite cheery I have to admit- and last year I got some great green sequinned 'sprouts" (balls), which are too large for the tree but make me smile too and they hang from the wall lights.

Things seem 50/50 at the moment then.
I had a flash of inspiration last night and made a mix of xmas cards and toppers, some traditional, others more modern.

1 Like

I just love handmade , every year out come things that the kids made 20 odd years ago but they go on the tree anyway. An eclectic mix would describe my Christmas style.

3 Likes