Collectives

Sorry I’ve been asked if collectives ie groups of people working together are allowed to sell on Folksy. I’ve been looking on the T & Cs but I’m confused.

I’d said I’d ask on the forum and get back to the people who asked me.

I’m not sure what the rules are - I don’t think it’s actually disallowed, as long as they are all makers/designers of the work. I think there might be an issue over having a ‘collective’ Plus account though, as it would mean several people could split the cost and each still get all the same benefits as a single maker/designer.

Technically, the ‘owner’ of the account should be the maker/designer of the items listed, so that might prohibit collectives. The T&Cs state: “You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.”

I’m sure there are probably a few already on here though - most people don’t check before opening a shop. If they want to be sure, I’d suggest asking support before setting up.

1 Like

Thank you Christine you’ve come up with what I was seeing so I’ll get back to them and suggest they email admin.

Hi - just wondered if anyone from Admin ever came back with a decision on this? I’ve seen another ‘group’ of people selling on here, so if collectives are indeed allowed it’s a wonder more people don’t club together to split the cost of a Folksy Plus account…