Confusion with platform syncing

Hi, I meant to type this earlier but must have forgotten to do so.
I opened my Folksy shop last week and have listed a handful of items in it, but now I am trying to ‘pull everything together’. I have opened a Page on Facebook which asked me to link to a business account on WhatsApp, which I did, then discovered that I couldn’t have both my personal and business contracts on the same number on WhatsApp, so I have canceled the business one for now and have ordered a second SIM and number for my phone especially for the business so I can use that number for it, I then set up a link to my Twitter and Instagram accounts but am wondering if I should have all four, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and Instagram as a second persona, otherwise all my personal things on Twitter and Instagram will be jumbled with the business listings#. Also, I can’t seem to find a way to include a clickable link to Instagram posts to go to the listings, is there a way to do it, is there a magic workaround or order I should do things in?, Please someone help me, I feel I’m being pulled downwards in a spiralling whirlpool and I really want to make a success of this.
Many, many thanks for any help/mentoring with this.
Kate (CabinCraft)

There are no clickable links anywhere on Instagram except for the one in your profile, this is why you’ll often see people putting “link in my bio” on their posts, so people can just click on their profile and then click on the link to their main shop page.
(Well, there’s meant to be another way, but it’s not possible to set up at the moment so it’s easier to ignore than getting a headache trying to work it out then getting disappointed :sweat_smile:)

I don’t have WhatsApp linked to anything business related and have never considered contacting a business through it, so if you want to drop one, that would be my first choice. I can’t imagine it particularly helps with promotion, just gives another way for buyers to contact you.

As for Twitter and Instagram being a jumbled mix of personal and business, some people like to give their social media a clear brand look and professional business only feel… but I personally prefer to follow accounts that are a mixture of the two, I find them a lot more interesting, there’s much more personality to them. It just depends which you prefer and feel comfortable with.

2 Likes

Thanks Kim, that all sounds like it makes perfect sense to me :slight_smile:

1 Like