Facebook promo

HellošŸ˜Š
I already have Instagram and feel like I know how to use that to drive traffic (although thereā€™s always room for improvement!)
But Iā€™m looking for advice on how to use Facebook for this? I just made a page with a link to my shop, but what to do next? Where can I share my Facebook page to get the best use out of it?

Feeling a bit stumped!
Sue

3 Likes

Iā€™ve given up on Facebook, it used to link my Instagram posts to my FB page to save time, now it will only link to my personal page and thatā€™s a waste of time as itā€™s privateā€¦ā€¦
I hope someone can help you with the mysterious workings of FB though :blush:

4 Likes

Iā€™m a Facebooker rather than an Instagrammer but often post to the two at once using the business suite on Facebook. As Lynne @PaintedHorseArt said, it saves a little bit of time.

Thereā€™s the Folksy Shop Group where you can share your makes and posts. I like Buy British Made because they have Small Business Monday. I look for groups like William Morris lovers and Laura Ashley lovers, not necessarily crafting groups but because I use fabrics they might like. I hope someone can suggest some jewellery pages for you.

Iā€™ve been and liked your page, it looks lovely, so bright xxx

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

Some good ideas there. Iā€™m having trouble linking my Instagram as it will only link to my personal profile on FB, but Iā€™ll keep trying!

2 Likes

Yes, this is the problem Iā€™m having linking the two. Youā€™d think meta would make it easier since it allows us to have multiple pages and accounts, but apparently not!! :roll_eyes::exploding_head:

3 Likes

Mine use to link to Bearlescent but I noticed a couple of months ago it now links to my personal fb account which I rarely used before, I donā€™t really want my makes on my personal acc so will have to remember not to share from IG.
Facebook use to be my main selling place but they keep making it more awkward so I tend to use IG more now, I just hope they leave that alone. I never scroll the newsfeed on fb but do like looking on IG.

4 Likes

Yes, I generally find Instagram more fun. I think i saw some advice that said the more places your brand exists, the stronger itā€™s impact on algorithms etc and it helps overall to make you visible, so thatā€™s what Iā€™m aiming for.
The advice generally is donā€™t just expect traffic to just come to your page so Iā€™m just looking at ways to help the process.

3 Likes

Hi Sue - Iā€™m a Facebook user for our shop and over time Iā€™ve found a host of local groups/networks to share our posts to - like ā€œCallington and other local artisansā€, ā€œDevon and Cornwall Crafters Groupā€, ā€œCornish Artists and Traders Communityā€. So perhaps do some searches for online craft groups in your local area to share your posts to. Or look to see who other people are sharing to. Good luck :blush:

2 Likes

On Instagram go into settings, scroll down to crossposting, then you can select whether to share to a fb page or your personal profile.

I do crosspost to Facebook but I donā€™t actually go on there much anymore I have over 7k followers but the only comments I ever get are other small business owners who are nice enough to support me, but arenā€™t my customers.

5 Likes

Thank you for the advice!

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™ll take a look. Instagram tells me that I am already connected to my page but maybe Iā€™ve missed this detail because nothing is cross posting so far! Iā€™m just doing it for the sake of the algorithms! Apparently the more on-line presence you have, the betterā€¦so weā€™ll see!

3 Likes

Yes thatā€™s true we need to drive traffic from SM, I must admit I donā€™t put anywhere near as much into FB now as I should, I do share posts and pop by Folksy shop group but thatā€™s it. Like you I enjoy instagram more.

3 Likes

As this thread is about FB promo, I wondered of anyone would like to join in a sharing post if I put one on my FB page this morning? My reach is going down down down so I could use a boost if Iā€™m honest so perhaps we could all help each other. Leave your Folksy link, but please donā€™t just run away, show support to other makers and maybe make someoneā€™s day with a share for their shop Redirecting...

2 Likes

Tried that but for some reason my FB painted horse page has gone and only my personal page is available to link too. Iā€™ve just given up on it and deleted the whole lot from my iPad.

2 Likes

Great idea, Iā€™m hopeless with the whole social media thing and I do think itā€™s really important just now. Iā€™ve added a comment and followed the others, hopefully can interact with each others posts going forward.

5 Likes

Lynne your painted horse page is here Redirecting...
And is as linked to from your shop front and your personal Lynne Bagnall page is also there. It came up first on a search for your name.

1 Like

Weā€™ve had our fb page unpublished twice in the last week - and republished when I have challenged the decision. I have no idea the reasons so am waiting for a reply from The Facebook Team! I have just shared your post Amanda so hope that happens and doesnā€™t cause any problems. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Joy, I meant that my fb shop page has gone from the list of linked accounts on Instagram.
I know itā€™s still out there, well I havenā€™t deleted the account, I just chose to forget FB as while ive never really understood it I did have it linked to Instagram and could post all my makes there, now, without posting separately I canā€™t and Iā€™ve not got time or inclination to be faffing with it.
Thank you for checking it out though and for letting me know, thatā€™s kind of you x

2 Likes

Always happy to help if I can. :blush::blush::blush:
Sorry for late response. Spent morning unexpectedly at French A&E having a rather nasty bite ( spider ?) checked out. Interesting to note it is as hard to see a doctor here in France as in UK but ā€˜Urgenceā€™ department at local hospital was fast and superb.
No Swimming for me now until it heals :sob::disappointed::sob::disappointed:

I was speaking to a friend at a show yesterday - she was trying to persuade me to go on instagram. I said I didnā€™t have time to do any more posting - she said she does one post on instagram and then shares to Fb - so I might explore. She did then go on to say it is currently swamped with spam and indecent photos :crazy_face:

1 Like