Conversion rate help

Hi I’ve recently opened my Folksy shop and would love any advice from seasoned sellers out there.

I seem to be getting decent impressions on my items but not many views and certainly no sales.

Do you have any hints or tips?

Thanks in advance.

Jillian

Have you read the folksy blog? In case you haven’t https://blog.folksy.com/how-to-sell-craft-online-folksy-seller-handbook there are masses of tips ranging from how to manage social media promotion to writing a description that appeals to search bots. The main thing that grabs me when I look at your shop is how your photos are being displayed. Folksy displays our images as square on our shop fronts and in search results if your photo isn’t square then bits gets chopped off. This is happening quite badly to your make up bags and when I look at the images its the foundation that is grabbing my attention rather than the bags. I’d recommend running a search on the site for ‘make up bags’ and then looking at how other people are photographing displaying theirs. Good impression rate suggests that people are searching for your type of item but a poor view rate suggests that they are finding other people’s images more viewable than yours.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look at my shop, I really appreciate it.

I had read the emailed tips in the lead up to listing my items but will go back for a refresher. And will take your advice and retake the photos without cropping and style them better.

Jillian