Critique my Shop/Social media etc

Holly my first impression of your facebook page was not of clothing, perhaps you could put more scarves in your banner?

Your hello I’m Holly post is great! Perhaps I should do something like this.

I love the photos of the scarf around the neck that you posted on May 1st. Some of your other photos are maybe a bit washed out?

Finally try to avoid the word ‘shop’ in your posts, and put shop links in the comments - fb wants you to pay to promote selling posts and will actively block your reach if it sees those words.

Thanks Stephanie. The photos are put through curves and all sorts in Photoshop, the problem is getting the balance right. Now the summer is finally on it’s way, hopefully my photos will be a bit sharper as Im planning on redoing them and using some wooden branches to stage the birds on too as suggested above. And you’re right I should add more WIP photos in too when listing.

Commissions I am a bit cagey on (I probably could have answered the comment on my page a bit better, it was a quickie reply which will teach me to take more time!!). I tend not to take them on as they take up a lot of time and have to fit in with my other commitments. The peacock has taken almost a month so far, here and there, because I’ve drafted the pattern from scratch and had to get my head around how it all fits together. It’s been a labour of love to say the least, but I’m looking forward to getting it finished.

Stephanie, your shop is fabulous, you’ve got great photos and descriptions that show off your items to their best. I can’t suggest anything to make it any better at all! Same with your FB page, you’ve a good mix of posts, photos are good, the only issue is why I don’t see all your posts in my Timeline as I’m a “Liker” on your page. That pesky FB algorithm is for some reason deciding not to show me - last post I saw and liked was the post 29th April about being in the magazine.

1 Like

Hi, Thank you for the advice, I will have a look for some Facebook groups. Your shop is lovely, I like the photos of your dolls house paintings in mini sets!