Custom order help

Hi, I’ve got a customer who wants to place an order for 2 items but she wants me to create a custom listing for her? How?
She has sent me this message

Can you make me a custom listing on Folksy? If you just send me an invoice when I’ve contacted you through Folksy it’s classed as fee avoidance and they can shut down your shop :frowning:

Hope someone can help x

Just make a listing, title it ‘custom listing for xxxx’, add the pic, price etc, and just put in the description that it’s a custom listing and not for general re-sale :slight_smile: Then tell the customer you’ve done it and she can buy the normal way.

4 Likes

Thank you so much xx

1 Like

What a brilliant shop Birdandmonkey :smile:

Ha! That was me @Birdandmonkey. If I’d known you were struggling to do it, I could have helped you set it up! Sorry.

Would it help to have a blog post with advice about custom listings? I don’t think all sellers realise that if a customer contacts you through Folksy and you then don’t put the order through Folksy, it’s classed as fee avoidance and against our terms.

PS. Very very excited about the pendants. x

2 Likes

Haha Thats typical! I didn’t want to look unprofessional by asking a customer how to do it! Lol.
I’ve nearly finished the owl (on a mission today!) he’s been so much fun to do. :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s not unprofessional to ask us how to do something that is new-to-you. You did exactly right, to come to the forum. I’m sure Camilla won’t hold it against you - she knows that we all have to learn.
Your shop is just fab - I’m so glad it’s doing so well!

2 Likes