Daily Art Thread Saturday 5th April

The place to show and talk about our art.

Good morning all, I’ve recently had an update to my art programme that’s allowed me to get even closer to producing what my heart wants to see - here’s a few examples of what’s completed, be grateful of any thoughts on these:

They are all very beautiful Trevor. I like what you’ve done with those.

I really like the landscape in glass that Joy posted at the end of yesterday"s thread. So pretty!

1 Like

Trevor They’re beautiful.

Thanks Margaret. xx

Trevor I like the softness but they’re a little too flat colourwise for me, I would prefer to see more intensity of colour in the foreground and more contrast between your lights and darks. But that’s just me - art is very subjective and these may turn out to be your best sellers yet!

Here’s one of mine from last summer.

I was perched on the rocks at Godrevy point in Cornwall, with the tide coming in, while I painted this one.

That’s a gorgeously restful scene Stephie, I really like it.

1 Like

Thanks Margaret, it was a very restful evening when I painted it - no wind, just a lovely sunset and calm lapping ripples all around.

Thanks everyone for you comments, much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 2 ‘entries’ for this art thread today. I’ve been rather busy, possible when Bob decides to go to the football match leaving me to play with my glass as long as I fancy.
(He came home disappointed -Stoke lost to Chelsea 3 0 :wink: )

First is my Cornish Cove landscape

Second is my Lake District landscape

Got my ‘River’ landcape to make next - then I think I will see what else I can ‘paint’. Suggestions most welcome.

3 Likes

Lovely work Joy.

1 Like

They are gorgeous Joy, I really like the Cornish Cove, the textures on the glass are amazing.

/Thanks Stephanie and also Trevor @Century21Art . It’s nice sometimes to make something a bit more challenging than a butterfly or daisy.
:grin:

Joy those are stunning! My favourite is the Lake District one but both are brilliant.

1 Like