Design Trust

Just read this on the Design Trust UK page about where to sell in the UK. Think they sum up Folksy precisely.

Folksy

Folksy.com is one the oldest (founded by the lovely James Boardwell in 2008 in the beautiful Peak District) and friendliest online market places in the UK for handmade or designed work from over 3,000 independent designers and makers based across the UK. It has a fairly small but stable clientele and very supportive handmade community. They very much embrace the ‘David not Goliath’ spirit when it comes to selling handmade products online!

Total site sales are around £1 million per year. There is a per item listing fee or The Folksy Plus account enables unlimited free listings with a commission on sales.

Have personally tried several of the others but not a patch on Folksy.

16 Likes

Brilliant, think that is Folksy in a nutshell. :smiley:

We love selling on Folksy, its such a great community! We love buying aswell such fantastic makers x

2 Likes

I do wish it had a higher profile, though. Everyone knows Etsy, but few have heard of Folksy!

1 Like

That’s a lovely right up but I wish more people knew about Folksy.
I’ve seen adverts on social media for two different UK selling platforms, both of them have a tag line saying “UK’s answer to Etsy” and “A UK platform that’s not Etsy”, they catch peoples attention because lots of people know about Etsy but not as many know about the wonderful Folksy.

I’ve shared the Christmas video on my social media and seen a couple of others sharing too but it’s takes lots of us sellers (& buyers) sharing and spreading the word to make any sort of impact.

1 Like