Hello! I'm new to Folksy

Hi Everyone.

I’m new to Folksy. I thought I would introduce myself.
I an finding Folksy a little complicated. Have you got any advice?
How do I get views and sales? Do I have to promote my shop?

Any advice is appreciated.

1 Like

Hi Pam

Welcome to Folksy.
The forums are a great place to ask for advice and join in on topics.
What is it your finding complicated?
To get views and sales promotion is the key. No one will find your lovely things if u don’t shout about it :blush:
I use Instagram (my first favourite) CraftJuice (2nd) Pinterest is ok, Twitter too is alright but I just find it so vast.
I also join in on the daily folksy listings.

Good luck with your shop

Karen :cake:

Thank you for your advice. I will check out craftjuice.

We have a CraftJuice thread here on the forum. Your more than welcome to join in with the postings.

Karen :laughing:

Thank you. This might be a stupid question but is folksy similar to Etsy? I am familiar with Etsy. Do they both work the same way?

Hi Pam, welcome to Folksy. I think Folksy works differently to Etsy, it’s a smaller, more friendly place for a start. Every site will have different ways of working, but you’ll soon get used to it. I’m a buyer, not a seller, and I tend to avoid Etsy as I find it way too big and I only want to buy from British sellers. Plus the fact that we have this brilliant forum which I spend way too much time on! :smile:

3 Likes

Pam, just had a look round your shop, love those headbands, and I like the way you’ve modelled them. It’s so much easier to see what they’d look like when there are photos of people wearing them!

1 Like

It’s nice to hear that you like folksy. I do have an etsy shop and I have got used to it but I like the fact that folksy is just for UK sellers. But your right, Etsy is Wayyyy to big. I’m sure I will get used to folksy. I love having a little shop in the corner of the internet. But I still have a lot of work to do. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I have A LOT more, I just haven’t listed them yet. I have around another 100 listings to do. I model them myself only because I can’t afford a model yet. Thank you so much for browsing my little shop.

I’m new too! I have a nice new PC so am hoping to chat a bit more but I have found everyone very cheerful and friendly! I hope you have lots of fun and success.I’m going to have a good mooch through some of the advice too!

1 Like

The main difference is that Folksy is UK based and Etsy is American and much bigger. I tend to pick up a lot of my US and Australian customers from there. I find Etsy much ‘slicker’ but I think Folksy will catch up. As with all things you’ll find things you like here but not Etsy. I like the fact that it is UK and lovely people here!. However I find Etsy better for multiple colour/pattern choice items and I do think their checkout and App so much more useful, but as I say, I think Folksy WILL get there. The main thing is that Folksy charge per ITEM you put on, for if you put 5 of something on, you get charged a fee for EACH of those items. Etsy and Ebay charge a single listing fee no matter how many of each item you put on. All in all, it is all pretty equal one way or another and I think it just depends on how much you want to put in!