What I like about Folksy is

You can make a mistake, make a goof, look like a wally, totally get it wrong on the forums and you will always get support. Someone will even like your post and share your shame. Where else would you get such camaraderie.
I will admit to having one or two ‘pink cheeks, slide under the table moments’ in the past.

What do you like? (Please, no negatives)

10 Likes

I love the camaraderie too. There’s always someone to help you out of a pickle or listen to you have a whinge. Folksy sellers are so generous, they will share their knowledge with you and share your work with the world.

I also like being able to have my own little shop and humble makes alongside such amazingly talented crafters.

13 Likes

I love the lovely friendly people on Folksy and I love how attractive the different shops look. It’s a lovely place to browse for gorgeous handmade goodies, knowing that each shopkeeper is passionate about the things they make and that items are made with love. I also love the excitement that happens when one of us sells something - you don’t get that from someone at a till in a high street store. The things that we make matter to us and we get very excited when we realise that they are valued by someone else too.

10 Likes

I quite agree @plumporridge and @MaisyMuffin, people here are very kind and generous. Also being happy and celebrating others successes is lovely. Doing a happy dance when someone else sells is fairly unique on a selling platform, I wonder how many stay because of the good vibes here.

8 Likes

Definitely the people, the forums are so supportive and friendly. Also like the look of the whole site, and the fact it’s british

8 Likes

I love it because everyone helps each other and it makes a huge difference. I feel like I am part of a team and someone is always there to help. Others share your listings, comment on photos on facebook and there is also Folksy hour which really helps with ideas for your business x

7 Likes

It’s definitely the people that make folksy a joy to use. Whether you’ve got a ‘silly question’ or having a moan about something in our personal lives, there is always someone to listen and be non judgemental (unlike the forums of that other selling site which I still find scary)

9 Likes

I’m really new and I like folksy because it feels like a community. People seem helpful and I think the people who sell on here really care about the things they make and its not all about making a quick buck x

8 Likes

All of the above … and, as a buyer, I like to support British designers/makers. The service I have received from other sellers is second to none.

7 Likes

Well, I agree with everyone, such a supportive community on the forums and on social media. :wave::grinning:

5 Likes

It’s British!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone, what a lovely response, straight from the heart. :heart:️:two_hearts:

It’s a bit like having a Folksy Family :raising_hand_woman::grinning:

3 Likes

I just like everything about it - The fact that it’s British, the easy layout and ease of use as a seller and all the other lovely Folksy Forum Folk :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Folksy is lovely, it’s British, easy to use and the Forum community are so helpful, understanding and supportive.
I love having my little shop on Folksy.
:smiley:

3 Likes

All of the above :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just love having my shop here and clicking the icon on my desktop and finding it there, in such a brilliant location, on the British Handmade High street surrounded by lots and lots of lovely shops which are a pleasure to browse when I can find a few minutes to pop out of mine and the shopkeepers are all so very friendly and helpful.
(and nobody cares that that was a very long sentence and needed some punctuation :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Well said @JOYSofGLASS I can’t think of a nicer place to have a shop either.

Looking around at other shops on Folksy, you can’t help realise what a fantastic wealth of talented people there are here and it’s a nice feeling to be part of this community. Also lovely to see all the positive comments on here :+1::grinning:

1 Like

This is definitely a friendly place to be and sell!

@JOYSofGLASS: Yes, that was a long sentence…I was out of breath trying to read it! Just teasing… but as we said, this is a friendly Forum! :slight_smile:

I also like the fact that Folksy considers me an Empathetic person and a model of generosity and mutual appreciation.

I recently received my Empathetic badge! :slight_smile:

2 Likes