Did you know today (Fri 3rd Oct) is #BuyBritishDay?

Here’s a link to explain a bit more, but thought it was worth raising with everyone here as this is going to be a popular hashtag!

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/buying-and-supplying/marketing/buy-british-day-appeals-to-hearts-and-wallets/372219.article

So if you’re on Twitter etc get promoting and take advantage of free advertising! :smile:

1 Like

No I didn’t know Liz thanks for the heads up … lots of people are using the hashtag on twitter :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had no idea it was Buy British Day - @sianfolksy @Folksycontent are you aware of this, just looked at the Folksy FB page and couldn’t see it mentioned - as folksy is a British site could be worth a mention maybe?

3 Likes

Had just the same thought re Folksy giving it a good push Hazel.
We knew of it on twitter and have been using it all morning :smile:

(Do think that smiley face is slightly manic… )

Yes I do … Bit scary too lol

I had no idea pity the advertising of it has been a bit lame.

I’ve just done a post on my personal facebook account and on google+

Found out about it earlier. Such a shame there hasn’t been much publicity.

I did a quick doodle about it and included my 2 cats. Posted it onto my facebook page and twitter to advertise it : )

3 Likes

Just noticed Etsy ‘bigging up’ #BuyBritishDay.

Really surprised Folksy haven’t thought to give this UK handmade site a blast today, they’ve sadly missed the opportunity to spread the word. :frowning:

1 Like

Thing is it wasn’t promoted so no one knew about it :frowning:

The hashtag #BuyBritishDay is second in the trending list on Twitter just now.

1 Like

I just added my Union Jack to Facebook and Twitter with a plug for British Folksy handmade. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With all these types of things, wouldn’t it be great to know a week in advance, so we could get our thoughts/ marketing etc together!!! I normally check facebook last thing at night so tend to learn of these things in the final few minutes…

2 Likes

I promoted buy British Day yesterday and just looked at my views and only had 2 people visit my shop. I know tea cosies aren’t everyone’s cup of tea - excuse the pun :smiley: but it is so hard trying to get people into Folksy.

1 Like