Discount code query

Hi everyone. I want to add a discount code so that if someone orders 3 items or more they can get free postage. My question is if I set the code up does the system somehow automatically deduct the postage and if not what would I need to do? I’ve never set a discount code before so I haven’t got a clue!
Thank you.

1 Like

At the moment I believe you can only achieve this by refunding.
You can easily set up a discount code by using the “Discount Codes” feature on your dashboard, but you need to give this code to your customers, and there is no criteria of using it. For example, you give it to me, but the system would accept it if I used it without meeting your criteria, which you have no way of adding, as you can only set percentage & expiry date.
Caroline @Caroleecrafts also included this to a list of improvements we could ask in the “Business News” thread Business News - Shop Talk - Folksy Forums
It would be amazing if we could get that, but I am not personally aware of any news about it. x

2 Likes

Thank you Mina @theslothscavern, I thought that was probably the case but hoped there would be something I’d missed. I’ll have a look at the Business news thread just in case there’s an update. I guess it would be quite a complex system for Folksy to set up with so many individual shops involved and potentially many different discount codes. This is still a huge learning curve for me!

2 Likes