Discount Codes

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to create discount codes on Folksy?

Not at the moment, no.

Thanks for your reply. I didn’t think there was, I tried to do it last year but read on their support page that they were working on some ‘sale’ function. So just thought I’d double check.

It’s really bad & they need to sort it out.

Folksy is a very small operation compared with somewhere like Etsy. And I remember how long it took Etsy to introduce coupon codes :wink:

Personally I don’t think coupon codes are a ‘must have’ for a handmade site, given that most people underprice their work anyway. The only time I ever use them on the other side is to give a customer free shipping if they want to add to an existing order, and there are other ways I could do that.

Hi Helen, When you offer free shipping, do you ask them to spend a certain amount and if you have different carriage costs depending on the weight, what do you offer? Thanks Lesley
Soap n Things and Grumpy Joe’s pet Emporium

I am looking to set up a discount for regular customers so as they can buy something 2015 but off the cost of goods and not carriage. I can’t find where to set it up.

Help!
Lesley x
Soap n Things and Grumpy Joe’s Pet Emporium

I don’t think folksy has that facility at the moment, you would have to do a refund.

Folksy definitely doesn’t have that facility. If you want to do discounts you would have to refund.

Watch this space… :wink:

3 Likes

Here’s a little teaser:

5 Likes

It would be great to have that!

Sounds good :slight_smile:

We offer a mix and match too with our pet flea balms. Option to buy 1, 2, 3. We run it on Ebay. Would be great to include on here,.
But do want to offer return customer the option for discount so would be great function to have !

Lesley
Soap n things and Grumpy Joe’s pet Emporium

Fab news :slight_smile:

Great news :slight_smile:

Delighted to hear this will be coming soon! Thank you!

About time, seeing as we loyal Folksians have been asking for this facility for at least 4 years.

Glad to hear this news, but do you think it will make any difference in sales, my last Folksy sale was October 1st. My total reach is also very very poor, only 10 views yesterday. I do visit my shop every day and add new stock, but just not getting the views or sales :frowning:

Discount codes are now LIVE.
You will find a link to the Discount codes admin on the left hand side of your Dashboard.

1 Like

Excellent! At what stage will customers type the code? Do you have a screenshot to show us?