Discount Codes question

Apologies if this has been asked before (I’ve searched Talk Folksy and can’t find anything that answers this question) but are the discount codes case sensitive i.e. does it make a difference if you quote Discount15 or DISCOUNT15 as your code?

I just tested using capital letters for Discount and it let me create it.
Once before it gave me an error message for something else I tried…
So I would think it’s ok…

But does it make a difference if your customer enters the code in lower case when you’ve created it in uppercase or vice-versa? i.e if you have your discount code as DISCOUNT15 but your customer enters is as discount15 or Discount15 etc?

Hi @Dayzee one way to make sure you are covered is to create another discount code in caps so if you have accidentally promoted your code in the wrong case Upper or lower you are covered by having the code active in upper and lower case :slight_smile:

Discount on all my crafts, use this code at the checkout …munchkin62

Thanks Jacqueline. :smile:

It would be good if @Folksyadmin could confirm though… Otherwise we’d all have to create countless codes in different variations of upper and lower case just in case our customers input them in different ways.

I’m suspecting that they’re not case sensitive as I’m sure the site developers would have considered that scenario when they built the software to enable us to use them. However, it would be good to get confirmation though.

1 Like