Do Supplies Sell on Folksy

Hi Everyone

Before I make adjustments to my shop, just wanted opinions as to whether craft supplies do well on Folksy. I am going to add a lot more stock, so this may make a difference to sales.

Natasha x

I sell supplies have sold buttons and a pack of card making supplies but I don’t have a lot of supplies in my shop.

I’ve bought papercrafting items on Folksy. if that helps

I had a look back at the folksy reports for 2013 and 2014 and in the 2013 report the top 2 shops based on number of items sold were both fabric supply shops with another supplies shop (charms, stickers, ribbons, punches a bit of everything really) slightly further down the list. They didn’t give the equivalent data for last year.

Thank you @EileensCraftStudio and @SashaGarrett for replying. Thanks Sasha for taking the time to look at the Folksy Reports. Quite encouraging, I want to stay on Folksy, but has to be worth my while putting hours of work into my shop.

Natasha x

I think that if you keep plugging away it will grow and hopefully expand, it takes a while to become established, you have a fb page that you can network on as well. You could ask people to send in the things they’ve made using your ribbon or buttons and you can show them on your page. I see you have a plus account so you can list as much as you can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get through a lot of ribbon and will be keeping an eye on your shop! I mostly use 10mm organza plain and polka dot. :smile: