Do you have a business logo?

I think its a good idea to have a logo and ‘branding’ right from the start so that your makes can be recognised as yours!
I designed my logo:

and also did a smaller version which I print onto stickers and labels to stick onto all my makes and stationary! :smile:

1 Like

A logo was a really tricky one for me. I do both knitted and sewn items for kids so found it really hard. My husband designed my logo based not so much on what I do but more on who I make for. I like it as it doesn’t limit my creativity.

My artist husband did our main logo, he painted it for my board/ banner which I use when at events, because he hated the printed one I used to have, he mounted it in a gold gilt frame, I think it looks fab and totally in keeping with the rest of the display.
We then use part of it for labels on the back of prints and cards etc.
But as an avatar has to be square I use my elephant pendant for folksy/ facebook etc.

I have a logo that I designed myself, it was one of the first things that I did when setting up my business 3 years ago. I wanted something that was clean and simple that could easily be used on boxes, bags, ribbon, avatars, business cards etc, etc.

I also embroidered it onto the table cloth that I use for events (it took me about a month to do!) and am really glad I did. Just last week I was approached by someone at a fair who had remembered me from another event (a year ago) because of my logo.

Sometimes I add the word jewellery and sometimes I don’t but the arc and leaf bit is always consistent and I think it’s really important to maintain that so that people become familiar with it.

In case you are wondering I was just setting up…not sold out! :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your pics. My logo design istill being worked on as Ive been sorting out craft fair things. Mayeb il have a logo ready in time for Xmas.

I think a logo is very important, as sometimes I don’t remember a name but will remember a nice logo.

I have a logo that I had specially made and I use the robin and daisy separately too, as in my avatar. The design was given to me in 4 different formats by the designer, which can be used in different ways. The main thing I wanted was to know that no matter what size I needed it to be, either postage stamp size or bill board size, the logo does not lose its quality. After having a go at graphically designing one myself, I realised it would have taken me weeks to do and would not have been as good, therefore I think it was the best £50 I could have spent, to have it done properly, which I have on my business cards and everything.