Do you shop on folksy?

I buy presents on here and when I see something I would like for myself I send a cheeky email to my other half with a link to the item :wink:

4 Likes

Absolutely! I try to buy gifts and supplies here, if I can. I also buy from artists - Iā€™m building my own little collection!
Iā€™m looking out for Christmas gifts now.

1 Like

Yes! I have lots of family birthdays coming up before the end of the year, and have decided to get all those gifts and all the Christmas presents this year from Folksy. With each one I have made up a little A5 page with screenshots of the sellersā€™s page banner, their Item photo and description and link to their shop, so the recipient knows just why I chose that item, and can hopefully come here and find more for themselves.

8 Likes

yes I mainly buy cards , but I have quite a few things in my favourites list - im just waiting to sell something so I can treat myself! :smiley: I used to buy lots of things from the ā€˜dark sideā€™ but just use Folksy now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only bought four items over the last year, two for myself, one as a gift and one as supplies, and I was really happy with them all. Must try harder to support others. Marg. x

1 Like

Sure! Itā€™s first place I come to when Iā€™m looking for a gift. The threads we have with various gift topics and the Wanted section are great places to check. And Iā€™m so glad the Search has improved on Folksy! I can be picky with supplies, though, as I really want to see them in person.

1 Like

I certainly do, in fact about an hour ago I saw a lovely hair clip on the signed in homepage, so I clicked in their shop and bought it, plus another one from there too (I still think itā€™s a shame that people wonā€™t see all the lovely items on the homepage unless they sign in, especially when not everyone wants to sign in or register to a website when they go on it).

Iā€™ll definitely be buying more Xmas presents on Folksy this year, I do every year and my friends and family really love receiving unique handmade gifts that arenā€™t available in the high street shops (as do I :smile: )

Natalie x

3 Likes

Yes I shop for my quilting supplies on folksy. I find it very quiet on folksy have not sold anything for a while and not many views.

2 Likes

Yes! I bought two presents for my sister in NZ last week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As Roses Workshop is a business I only buy supplies under this id. To buy pressies Iā€™m a ā€œguestā€.
There are so many beautiful things from UK crafters here on Folksy, it would be crazy to fight through the town centre crowds to be faced with imported tat.

2 Likes

Yes! All sorts of things over time - tea-towels, art work, a little zine-book, jewellery, custom knits and clothesā€¦so yes. :smiley:

1 Like

I buy under my husbandā€™s name but favourite the things I really like under my name. This year, Iā€™m buying less in general as lots of people are trying to cut down on presents, but what I do buy, I will try to source from Folksy first.

1 Like

Iā€™ve bought quite a few items now, and im definitely on the look out for Xmas presents. I love handmade with a passion. Its so much more unique than all the mass produced Xmas stock on the high Street.
It feels nice to support each other too :smile:
I always try to get everything bought before December so I can sit back and relax and enjoy the festivities with a mulled wine and a mince pieā€¦ :wink:

Karen

3 Likes

Yeah I have bought cards in the past on Folksy, they are so much nicer than the ones you get in the shops. I am keeping an eye out for Xmas presents to. But I have just splashed out on myself and bought a Halloween bracelet as a reward for getting through my first day in a new job :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

3 Likes

I have only purchased one item so far but am planning to buy as many Christmas presents as possible on Folksy. Previous years I have made presents, but this year there hasnā€™t been much chance so for the first time in years they will all have to be bought. :smiley:

1 Like

I do think giving handmade gifts is special and I too have in the past given my own work, mostly on request but it is nice to give other unique things too I find :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have bought a few gifts and supplies in the past and intend buying more Christmas gifts this year. In fact I started this week and bought some lovely stocking fillers from The Handmade Emporium. This was one of them:-

2 Likes

I do, and itā€™s what drew me to Folksy in the first place. Iā€™ve just bought a couple of small items for my daughterā€™s Yule gift and am still looking for others.

2 Likes

Yes I shop on Folksy and have bought some lovely things in the past.

I think it would be a good idea to have a way to compile a christmas gift list- I know we have a favourites list but mine has hundreds of items on it and the actual things I had in mind for christmas presents would get lost.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve mainly bought knitted things- I can knit, but I canā€™t be bothered! I have a beautiful fairisle beret from a shop thatā€™s now closed, scarves, legwarmers, mittens. Iā€™ve bought a fabulous owl from Dotterypottery as a gift. I donā€™t buy much for myself as Iā€™ve got too much stuff already (being of an advanced ageā€¦) Thanks, lovely Folksy people whoā€™ve bought from me! :smile:

2 Likes