Do you use a microwave? What is your favourit kitchen appliance?

I, like a lot of people here, use it for heating milk, reheating hot drinks and defrosting, I wouldn’t be without one. My favourite gadget has to be the dishwasher, followed by the blender for smoothies and soups.

I don’t own a microwave. Had one years ago and realised we never actually used it and it was taking up vital bench space! Haha
My favourite kitchen appliance is an all in one food processor/electric whisk/chopper thing. I had to get rid of it when I moved over here to Canada as the voltage is different so I gave it to my sister-in-law. It’s now her favourite appliance! Haha I haven’t bought a new one yet but I will! I miss it a lot!

1 Like

No I haven’t tried them, I may just have to give them a go @OrchardFelts. Yes my kettle gets used plenty :slight_smile:

Update on the microwave… The Hubster called me when he finished work,
Him ~ Right, I’ve finished work and I’ll pop into curry’s for the microwave, but first I’ll call into Asda for some lunchbox bits.
Me ~ Ok… while you’re there have a look at el cheapo basic microwaves.
10 minutes later he called again…
Him ~ I got one, it does everything we need and it was only £30.00, what a bargain.
Me ~ Oh good, now we’ve saved so much money we can get a new sandwich maker haha

While searching out kitchen bits I seen a great one with removable plates for easy clean :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We use our Microwave mainly for Jacket potatoes too ! Our 1st Microwave we bought in 1987 ish it was huge and we replaced it a few years ago for a more compact one that didn’t take up as much room!
My favourite appliance is the dishwasher ( what would we do without one!) followed closely by my Nespresso coffee machine :coffee:️ Which iI love :blush:
I’m pleased you have found a replacement :blush:

Oooo I’d love a coffee machine @JewelleryhandcraftedbyPauline but the hubster hates the smell of coffee so it wouldn’t get used very often :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do use our microwave quite a lot, but LOVE our slow cooker more!

I only have a microwave for cooking at the moment as our kitchen is ‘in progress’- can’t wait to get back to really cooking.
We do however have a panini maker made by Tower which is excellent-, does paninis, toasted sandwiches, burgers and is non stick and easily cleaned, £30 well spent in my view.

1 Like

I mainly use the microwave to heat up drinks and melt chocolate, love it for cooking rice, also. And quite handy to have one at work to heat up soup for lunch. Would always go for the cheapo supermarket own brand microwaves @HandcraftedbyPicto, they have always worked perfectly for me. My favourite kitchen appliance has to be my KitchenAid :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t use a microwave, but just treated myself to an electric chopper, that finely chops veg, nuts, etc. Been really useful for livening up cous cous dishes - it’s my new toy!

I do use the microwave but just to warm up things, not to cook.

My favorite appliance right now is my fruit juicer. I’m obsessed with it. I had it packed away for such a long time that I had forgotten it existed. I came across it a few months ago and I’m now using it every morning to make juices.

Micorwave - used a fair bit, several times a week for cooking rice and most days for porridge. AND for making tuna ‘bake’ dog treats :slight_smile: