Do you use holiday mode for Christmas?

Hi! I’m new here and I’m just wondering what happens over Christmas, Do you put your shop in holiday mode? Can people still visit your shop when it’s in holiday mode and see what you have or is it temporarily removed?

Hi Lorraine, If I’m going away and can’t post within the 3 days, then I put it in holiday mode. People can still browse and see all your items, but they just can’t buy - a banner is displayed at the top of your page to say you’re on holiday. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

There is a little bit here but basicly it’s just saying what Apple Queen has said :slight_smile:
http://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/57284-can-i-put-my-shop-in-holiday-mode

Thanks! I’ll read that - good to know people can still see your work when in holiday mode, I’m pleased about that! x

Can you still add new listings while in holiday mode?

I stay open all the time…two years ago I had sales on Christmas day !!

1 Like

Best Dressed Dolly - dolls clothes

I keep my shop open through Christmas & New Year hols. I too have had customers buy on Christmas Day & Boxing Day

@CaboodleWeddings - I’m sure you must be able to add new listings while on holiday, they just won’t be available for purchase. It’s easy enough to toggle on and off holiday mode, so I would just give it a test.

I will stay open, sales generally just tail off, and then sometimes people buy after Christmas, because they have got Christmas money to spend, and they have more time to browse.
Jayne

1 Like

That’s amazing that you’ve had sales on Christmas day :grinning:
I’ll be away from my studio for a few days so although I’d like to leave it open, I don’t think I should. I’ll have my laptop with me though so I’ll be able to carry on adding my new listings. Don’t know about you but it takes me forever to add each listing!! Thanks for the advice. x :grin:

I’m going to use holiday mode a couple of days before Christmas (so no risk of people ordering pressies too late) and then re-open for Christmas in case I can get the odd purchase from those people who want to treat themselves.

1 Like

I’m doing the same as Annie.
I’m closing my shop this weekend as I’m staying with my boyfriend for a few days, and in the meantime last posting will have been and gone, I don’t want to mess customers around who may potentially buy things hoping they’ll come for Christmas. But as soon as I’m home, I’ll re open my shop.

I’ve said I will closing on 18th December, but that’s only because I don’t want a last minute panic of getting things posted. I’ll re-open probably Christmas eve, as lots of people browse and shop on line during the holidays. I normally stay open all the time, but have been flat out with commissions this year (have had to turn some last minute ones down) and have two big orders to do ready for New Year, so am being kind to myself a having a few days to catch up on making family cards and gifts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like you deserve some time off, your sales are amazing! I had two great orders today - not through folksy yet though, hope that will come in the New Year!:grinning:

I stay open - I usually have a few sales as people are still in buying mode and with more time to browse online :slight_smile: However I expect it will mainly be fabric sales !

I’m always open (I’m like Tescos except I don’t sell quite as much! :wink:)

4 Likes

May as well stay open, I’ve not had a sale for weeks! I must be doing something wrong. I need to keep open as I am trying to sell my stock and restock with a different line.

I’m going to leave my shop open and I have left a message on my front page to say it is now too late to order for Christmas. I have to work in my main job and I know that lots of people have time on their hands - so hopefully we may get some sales.
@Amberlilly sorry to hear that. I have been much quieter in December than I was in November but I think lots of people like to get organised early now and all the shops have so many reductions. Hope you get some more sale through Christmas. I will pop some of your items on my twitter and pinterest for you. You’re items are all lovely. x

1 Like

Thanks @kernowclaire very good of you. X

I’m going to stay open, I have a note on my shop page to say I can’t do any personalised items before Christmas and I’ll probably change the message in the next couple of days to say I won’t be posting anything until the 27th.