Folksy Ltd

Holiday mode- and gift guides

(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #1

Hello,
I did search bout couldn’t find my answer. I will be away from my stock for a few days this week and would rather not put my shop in holiday mode- but without going through and editing all my items I can’t think of a simpler way of making sure I don’t disappoint customers. If I put my holiday mode, will my items still show up in the ‘favourite finds’ and gift guides?

(Grimm Exhibition) #2

Could you put info in your banner saying you will be away and wont be able to post things until Xth Sept?

(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #3

I suppose I could, I just worry that some people might not see it.
A way to bulk edit notes on postage would be handy at times like these! :slight_smile:

(Grimm Exhibition) #4

Agreed. Itl happen one day.

(Sasha Garrett) #5

Hi, your items show up in favourite finds/ gift guides etc if the shop is in holiday mode, they still show up if they are sold out until folksy have one of their sporadic clear outs.
A way to bulk edit dispatch times times would be nice wouldn’t it.
Sasha

(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #6

Great- thanks Sasha. Holiday Mode it is- and then I’ll put a note in my banner for visitors. :slight_smile: Sorted!

(Sasha Garrett) #7

be careful with the wording of the banner - some home insurers won’t cover you if you have made it obvious that you won’t / aren’t at home and get burgled - go for something vague like ’ I won’t be able to process orders between x -y’

(Christine Shephard) #8

Will you still be able to access your emails/online shop to see any orders coming in? If so, you could then email the buyer and explain that you will not be able to post immediately, and offer a refund if they don’t want to wait. As long as it’s not more than a few days, most people would probably be happy to wait. If you’re offline completely while away, I think holiday mode would be better.

(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #9

@SashaGarrett- there will be people at home, just not me. :smile: If the house was empty I wouldn’t advertise it!

I suppose I could do that- that’s a good idea. Maybe If I just put a notice in my banner after all then, and then if people miss it I can email them. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone

(Joy Salt) #10

That only shows if they are on your front page not listing pages.