Does anyone have one of these

and are they useful when doing craft fairs. Are there any fees to pay when using this.

Pauline

I don’t have the paypal one but do have the izettle card reader, which is great as long as you can get an internet connection at your craft fair. You only pay a small commission on sales after buying the card reader.

That could be a bit of a problem because most of my craft fairs are all outside.

You should still be able to connect outside - obviously you need to have a smartphone or tablet to connect and download the app. I’ve only had problems a few times, when I’ve been in a particularly dead area for internet connection.

Thank you Christine for the info. I’ll have to have a good think about this because I don’t do that many craft fairs so it might not be worth it for me.

Pauline

I have bought the PayPal card reader , so far I have only tried it at home with my husbands i-pad , I was hoping to get an android phone for it to work with , but despite saying that it is compatible with android, I haven’t found one - and can’t quite justify buying an i-phone for 3 craft fairs a year.
I have contacted the halls where I am doing my fairs and 2 have wifi and the other intermittent 3G so I am hoping it all works fine.
I was talking to a stall holder at the contemporary craft fair a couple of weeks ago , as I spotted her using one - she said it worked great for her, she wrote the receipts by hand though as at a busy fair it took too long to type all the details into the phone.
I decided to go with Paypal rather than one of the others as I already have a paypal business account - so it was instant. And paypal is widely recognised, the unit itself is lovely (really nicely designed and made) the only downside is that it doesn’t have a screen so you have to show the customer your phone screen with the figures on.