Email enquiries for orders

I received a couple of enquiries early september, I didn’t pick them up straight away, both came via Folksy. One was for a cushion coilur so i replied but have had no further contact from that person. The other was asking if I made Halloween blocks as they could not find any in the UK, I replied explaining I don’t make them per se but can make them if the tell me what they want. They came back saying they were ok for Halloween but could I text them my email address so they could send me pictures of what they want for Christmas. I started to get suspicious so i didn’t reply. I got a second email asking again for my email address so they could send me pictures, again I haven’t replied.
Now my quandry and question is, does this sound legitimate or is it a scam. Has anypne else received similar emails originating via Folksy?

If you replied to their email surely they now have your email address? But I can’t see how it could be a scam, the worst that could happen is that you get added to a mailing list and get loads of annoying emails. The best is that you’ve got a new customer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once you reply to a folksy message they then have your email address.

Maybe they don’t realize that.

Do you have an email account just for business?

I would reply with my business email address and go from there. That’s what I did for a customed order I received via Folksy.

I simply then send him colour sample via email. He replied with the colour. I explain then that once it was ready I’d put up a special listing for him on Folksy and send him the direct link.

It went fine.

I’m concerned that they they send me a link to an image that then infects my computer with a virus and able get into personal information. I know I sound paranoid but when people ask for something that I know are availble here and certainly on eBay worries me.

Do you have anti virus software on your pc?

With emails I get a warning if it picks up anything suspicious in the email.

Yes I do but that doesn’t stop me worrying ;o). Maybe I’ll just reply saying she ahs my email as she is writing to it.