Folksy Ltd

Embracing fifty :)

So, tomorrow I wave goodbye to being 40-something forever and learn to embrace 50.
And I was wondering how many 50 somethings are here on Folksy, and how you felt about turning 50?

Sarah x

8 Likes

I am loving it, started my business, lost weight, husband retired, children left home and moved to a new home in a different county. Turning out to be a great decade in my life, wouldn’t want to be any other age.

8 Likes

Been 50, over half way through the 60’s and loving it. The only thing is that there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to fit everything in, although I must admit that it takes me longer to do things.
:grinning:

9 Likes

I’m not quite there yet - I’ve got a year and a few months to go. Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

5 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
It seems to be one of those big scary numbers that really isn’t so bad once you get there!

4 Likes

Happy birthday. I’m half way to being 60 and I think as long as you think young it doesn’t matter how old you are.

5 Likes

Happy birthday for tomorrow! A lovely, positive thread - I’ll be leaving my 40s behind in August (gulp). I’m going to try and embrace it too and see it as an opportunity to make some overdue changes to keep me fit and healthy and enthusiastic about life for the next few decades! Enjoy your day! :blush:

5 Likes

Happy Birthday for tomorrow I will be leaving the 50’s for the 60’s next year The 50’s have been a good decade with both my children getting married and the birth of my 2 lovely grandchildren

4 Likes

I’ve also done 50 and more than half way through the sixties and as Lynn @erkinwald says there aren’t enough hours in the day. Two days a week I enjoy looking after my little grandson Joe who is 3 and of course jewellery making.

3 Likes

Happy bithday for tomorrow. I’m a decade or so off yet but a friend turned 50 last year and we made it less scary for her by putting a decimal place in and throwing a party suitable for someone 5.0

4 Likes

50 was no big deal - except I made it stretch for about 3 weeks and celebrated it in every way I could think of - the 4 day spa"weekend" was pretty memorable! 60 is coming up next year, not sure about that…probably have to make that strtch for a month!

3 Likes

Happy birthday to you Sarah!

I’m into my second half of the 50’s, and so far, so good.

I stretched the celebrations out over a month or so and made the most of it. The milestone that I really struggled with was 30 - suddenly felt I had reached an age of responsibility!
I left employment during my 50’s and feel my time is my own. A great feeling.

Hope it’s a good decade for you

4 Likes

couldn’t have cared less about turning 50 a few years ago - bigger events in family made me this adopt this as my mantra for life

" old age is a gift denied to many’ not that 50 is old OBVIOUSLY hahaha !

… but each little grey hair and wrinkle acquired is a something to treasure x

A few of my friends are achieving this age now and I made this for one of them yesterday - wishing you a FAB 50 too

3 Likes

It’s been so lovely reading all the responses to being fifty - and thank you so much for all the birthday wishes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was fine turning 50 life begins and all that ! Enjoy I turned 60 today wasn’t really looking forward to it but what you have to be thankful for is your health as little things creep up and wrinkles set in so looking after your self is important happy birthday :blush:x

1 Like

Happy Birthday Julie @sunnyteddys

1 Like

Thankyou had a lovely couple of days and going to London tomorrow xx

1 Like

Happy Birthday :slight_smile:

Birthday Wishes to you. You are as old as you feel. I’m now in the 60 something and just as daft. You are more able to concentrate your time and have more experience. Just Enjoy.
Adrienne

1 Like

Happy birthday Sarah. I’ll be 60 next year, but I don’t mind. I have lots of aches and pains, but I love every new day I’m given to enjoy. Yesterday while I was shopping, I heard a lady saying “youngsters wouldn’t know anything about a nice bit of braising steak in a casserole” and I was going to say “well I do” and then I remembered that’s probably because I can’t be classed as a youngster any more! Easy to forget when you feel 25 inside.

2 Likes